IGNORED

The Death Penalty

Akiko

man, my post is for you.

first of all i think vex is out of line saying that anyone who opposes the death penalty is evil. (and vex, as in another thread, i would encourage you to quit making blanket accusations. that is not of God.)

second, yes, the government appoints individuals to throw the switch. those individuals are not sinning. they are following the law of God by obeying their government in an act that God has given the government the authority to do. furthermore, those who oppose the death penalty are not required by the government to push the button in the first place. there are enough who do not oppose the death penalty who are willing to act upon the authority of the government.

oh yeah, and to answer the last question, how do executions save lives.... by taking the life of one who enjoys committing murder without a conscience, so that they are unable to do it again! that should be a no-brainer. locking them up for life doesn't necessarily prevent a murderer from murdering. prison murder is alive and well, and every guard and every other prisoner is at risk of being murdered. not to mention that prison breaks happen, and those incarcerated escape.... and when they do, they're dangerous. anyone who crosses an escaped prisoner's path is at risk.

oh yeah, and to answer the last question, how do executions save lives.... by taking the life of one who enjoys committing murder without a conscience, so that they are unable to do it again! that should be a no-brainer. locking them up for life doesn't necessarily prevent a murderer from murdering. prison murder is alive and well, and every guard and every other prisoner is at risk of being murdered. not to mention that prison breaks happen, and those incarcerated escape.... and when they do, they're dangerous. anyone who crosses an escaped prisoner's path is at risk.

That's why they should be locked up 24/7/365.

that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment and would never fly in the US... even though personally i feel that ANY violent offenders should be quarantined 24/7. however, that would not even be economically feasible.

but in any event being in quarantine 24/7 doesn't eliminate the possibility of them murdering or escaping. it drastically reduces the possibility, but it does not eliminate it. remember the "texas 7"? or more recently, charles victor thompson? if you want me to, i can google it and produce a whole list of names for you.

that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment and would never fly in the US... even though personally i feel that ANY violent offenders should be quarantined 24/7. however, that would not even be economically feasible.

but in any event being in quarantine 24/7 doesn't eliminate the possibility of them murdering or escaping. it drastically reduces the possibility, but it does not eliminate it. remember the "texas 7"? or more recently, charles victor thompson? if you want me to, i can google it and produce a whole list of names for you.

Google "Death penalty innocent people executed"

I really have no prblem with the death penalty, but until it is absolutly foolproof, it shouldn't be used.

If you got a killer dead to rights and you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is guilty, then by all means kill'em. And don't make it a long drawn out process. Take,em out back and put a bullet in his ear. Look at all the money you'd save. A box of 50 22cal. shells cost a buck and a half.

Now for innocent people being executed. What if that person strapped to that table was your mom or dad, brother or sister, son or daughter, husband or wife? It's happened...more then once. How would you feel if it was you?

Over a hundred innocent people have been released from death row. If their execution's would have taken place, would that have been obeying the Word of God?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Genesis 9:7

man, i'm not saying there aren't any people wrongly convicted on death row. i believe darlie routier to be innocent, and yet here she sits. however, of those people who have been exhonerated post-martem, i believe the last time i checked, only one had had dna evidence in their trial, and the dna had been mishandled in a police dept. crime lab that had buckets on the floor catching rainwater and all sorts of stuff. ironically, both these incidents are texas cases. seems my home state needs to get their criminal justice system into compliance with some national standard. glad i don't live there anymore.

i believe all death row inmates convicted without dna evidence should have their sentence commuted to life without parole. i believe all dna evidence, no matter what the charges, should be handled through private, third party labs with no way for the lab tech to know whose dna they were testing or for what reason they were testing it. and as much as i think scott peterson is guilty, i don't believe he should have been sentenced to death, because there was no dna evidence proving him to be the murderer. i'm glad i wasn't on the jury.

all that being said, i support the death penalty because the Lord gave that authority to the government. the system needs improvment, no doubt. but that doesn't mean it should be abolished.

And who are you to call someone who opposes executions evil?

Defying God's Righteous Decree is evil, as is failing to have mercy on the innocent.

so, are you saying that God's decree of the death penalty, and God's decree of giving authority to the government, were not righteous decrees? or are you saying that since you defy those decrees, that you are evil?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Again, Genesis 9:7