• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was convicted of four felonies last week, and now faces $1 million dollars in fines and up to 25 years in federal prison.

Fox News would have us think otherwise:

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/11999/200...64813443_rs.jpg

Update:

Fox News later corrected it's headlines, but asks if lying to federal investigators and perjury are actually crimes!

Screenshot: http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/03/hc-libby2.jpg

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

He was actually charged with 5 counts, and he was found not guilty for 1 out of the 5 counts, but still found guilty on the other 4 charges. So I guess technically your first screen shot would have been accurate, as long as they would have said:

Found not guilty...

...to 20% of the allegations against him. ;)

Guest LadyC

you don't like fox news much do ya? like any form of media, they sometimes make errors. i recall another famous fox news blunder in which shep smith accidentally referred to JLo as getting an inappropriate favor rather than kicked to the curb. he was terribly embarrassed.

so they made a typograpical error on the headline. big deal. it doesn't bother playing the video in which i'm quite certain that brit hume was verbally giving accurate representation to the facts.

as for the second photo you linked to, the time stamp on it is 5 pm pacific time. the show that airs at that time is the orielly factor, in which the host takes the events of the day and brings people on to discuss them. the 'headline' at the bottom will often have a provocative title which does not reflect the opinion of the news station or even the host. i'm familiar with the program, although i didn't see that segment, and very likely they had a guest on the show giving his personal opinion that it was not a crime, while bill argued the point. that's pretty typical of how he operates.

CONTEXT is everything. seems to me you're trying to stir up a hornets nest where there ain't one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

CONTEXT is everything. seems to me you're trying to stir up a hornets nest where there ain't one.

;) FINALLY! A voice of reason. :noidea:

you don't like fox news much do ya? like any form of media, they sometimes make errors. i recall another famous fox news blunder in which shep smith accidentally referred to JLo as getting an inappropriate favor rather than kicked to the curb. he was terribly embarrassed.

I saw that clip. It had me in stitches. ;)

so they made a typograpical error on the headline. big deal. it doesn't bother playing the video in which i'm quite certain that brit hume was verbally giving accurate representation to the facts.

Fox is infamous for its typographical errors. Because, more often than not, they happen to be partisan ones. On FOUR SEPARATE OCCASIONS during the Foley scandal, Fox News labelled Foley a Democrat. (He is--was--a Republican, of course.) That's a little frequent to be considered random error, don't you think?

Edited by Angry Dragons

Guest LadyC

then maybe they need to fire someone who is typing up headlines... as well as the guy that typed out the teleprompter stuff that caused shep to make that infamous (and hilarious) blunder.

but regardless, do you ever LISTEN to fox news programs to hear what they are SAYING? or do you just read the bottom of the screen for your news?

my guess is that you rarely if ever tune in to the FNC channel at all, so you're casting judgement based on what is said by groups that are very anti-fox. am i right?

Guest LadyC

oh and i have to add.... fox news incorrectly called a republican a democrat four times? refresh my memory on the foley scandal.... because most people complain about fox being too pro-republican. of course, any news outlet that tells both sides of the story is going to be bashed by the liberals, because they only want one side to be heard.

do you know how many of the news anchors and journalists that are featured on the FNC happen to be very liberal? i can name a few, it might surprise you. shep smith and greta van susteran are as left winged as they come.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/24/1988

Update:

Fox News later corrected it's headlines, but asks if lying to federal investigators and perjury are actually crimes!

No, "was there a crime" refers to the fact that nobody was ever convicted or even charged with outing Valerie Plame as a crime. That is the "crime" they are referring to, releasing a CIA agent's name, (I did watch that segment), not lying to investigators or perjury.

But people sure can fly off the handle with those screencaps, can't they? :thumbsup:

Edited by somethingcleverhere

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Update:

No, "was there a crime" refers to the fact that nobody was ever convicted or even charged with outing Valerie Plame as a crime. That is the "crime" they are referring to, releasing a CIA agent's name, (I did watch that segment), not lying to investigators or perjury.

But people sure can fly off the handle with those screencaps, can't they? :rolleyes:

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Just like LadyC said, "context" is everything. :thumbsup: