• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I was one of those single mothers, no child support, no help from the ex..............I worked, paid my bills and didn't expect the government to take care of me or my kids. And yes, I have a child that was bi-polar, do you know how much those meds cost, 3 pills a day at $5 a pop, and the cost of the "childrens mental health facility" he stayed in a number of times for months at a time. How many of that number in your report, are children of illegals????? I've said it before and I'll say it again, when the government stops sending billions of dollars to other countries, that hate us, and supporting all of the illegal aliens, while Americans either born or legal are getting NO help, with decent housing, medical expenses, food and just the basic things for a decent life...................yeah the government cares...........cares about taking more of my money.

We spend roughly 14 billion dollars a year for foreign aid with the largest single recipient being Israel. This is out of about 2.3 trillion dollars of total Federal Outlays. So foriegn aid is only a drop in the bucket.

And your point would be...........what? I don't care how much it is, it should stay here and take care of American's that can't make ends meet, instead of being sent to countries that hate us, and illegals that use us. I notice you just ignored the rest of it.

You know single mother, 3 kids, NO help from the government, no section 8, no food stamps, no free breaksfast for the kids in school or discount lunches, and the only person that paid for their medical bills was me. Sometimes I had 3 jobs at a time, because I didn't mind "working" to make ends meet. My kids lived in a decent home and wore decent clothes and there was always food. Now I was dressed in hand-me downs but thats okay thats what parents do to take care of their family.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Its a moral issue.

So, then, you're against gay marriage and truly pro-life (anti-abortion) on a government level, as well?

Most people who oppose the above positions cite that they are "moral" issues (though, in fact, they are issues of law and liberty). But, according to your above statement, you have no problem with governance by morality. I would assume, then, that even if you do believe that gay marriage and abortion are "moral issues", that you would have no such protests to those positions?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

And your point would be...........what? I don't care how much it is, it should stay here and take care of American's that can't make ends meet, instead of being sent to countries that hate us, and illegals that use us. I notice you just ignored the rest of it.

You know single mother, 3 kids, NO help from the government, no section 8, no food stamps, no free breaksfast for the kids in school or discount lunches, and the only person that paid for their medical bills was me. Sometimes I had 3 jobs at a time, because I didn't mind "working" to make ends meet. My kids lived in a decent home and wore decent clothes and there was always food. Now I was dressed in hand-me downs but thats okay thats what parents do to take care of their family.

My mother and father divorced when I my brother and I were young. My mother worked 2 and 3 jobs to raise us, and we never received any public assistance. I am not sure what your point is though. If we can provide health insurance for uninsured children then why not do it?

Also, our foreign aid is distributed by the state department for purposes that benefit United States interests. For example, say we provide 20 million to Pakistan for public schools, this helps to prevent many Pakistanis from sending their children to madrasas because a public school is not available in their area. So while we are giving that 20 million to people who might not like us, it is benefiting us because less Pakistanis get indoctrinated into radical islam because of it. Of course, that is just one example.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I was one of those single mothers, no child support, no help from the ex..............I worked, paid my bills and didn't expect the government to take care of me or my kids. And yes, I have a child that was bi-polar, do you know how much those meds cost, 3 pills a day at $5 a pop, and the cost of the "childrens mental health facility" he stayed in a number of times for months at a time. How many of that number in your report, are children of illegals????? I've said it before and I'll say it again, when the government stops sending billions of dollars to other countries, that hate us, and supporting all of the illegal aliens, while Americans either born or legal are getting NO help, with decent housing, medical expenses, food and just the basic things for a decent life...................yeah the government cares...........cares about taking more of my money.

We spend roughly 14 billion dollars a year for foreign aid with the largest single recipient being Israel. This is out of about 2.3 trillion dollars of total Federal Outlays. So foriegn aid is only a drop in the bucket.

You Go Girl!

We need more people like you raising kids.

Its a moral issue.

So, then, you're against gay marriage and truly pro-life (anti-abortion) on a government level, as well?

Most people who oppose the above positions cite that they are "moral" issues (though, in fact, they are issues of law and liberty). But, according to your above statement, you have no problem with governance by morality. I would assume, then, that even if you do believe that gay marriage and abortion are "moral issues", that you would have no such protests to those positions?

What Forrest and people like him try to do is make things like welfare the real moral issues to take away from their support for murdering unborn babies and supporting the homosexual agenda.

Well, sure. Here's my thing: I actually agree that it's a moral issue -- which is why I don't think the government ought to be dealing with it. The government is, by definition, an amoral entity - an imposition of morality upon people by such an entity is, necessarily, anti-liberty. What makes the other two issues different for me is that, A, abortion is the termination of innocent human life, usually for the sake of convenience (read: murder), and, B, for the federal government to make a ruling on homosexual marriage is to detract from State's rights, and is, in and of itself, a moral decision telling me and others that we must recognize such a union, to the detriment of our 1st amendment rights.

Its a moral issue.

No, I have no problem with moral values influencing the laws and programs our elected officials support. I do have a problem with moral values being compelled by the government. The government cannot make you moral, but public policy can represent our collective moral values.

Its a moral issue.

No, I have no problem with moral values influencing the laws and programs our elected officials support. I do have a problem with moral values being compelled by the government. The government cannot make you moral, but public policy can represent our collective moral values.

How is compulsory taxation and charity -not- an imposition of moral values by government?

I just watched Glenn Beck on CNN and discovered some interesting information.

I'm going by memory but I'll try and get the transcript for you.

It seems the breakdown numbers for the uninsured people in America isn't being reported completely.

MOST of the uninsured are ILLEGALS

followed by Americans who make over 70,000 a year

followed by Americans who make over 50,000 a year

(hardly poverty)

followed by college age students in between insurance policies.

(just left parents policy and yet to get their own)

I'll get the exact numbers asap.

I am not sure where he is getting his data. If you actually want to see the data from the U.S. Census, then here is a good source.

http://covertheuninsured.org/factsheets/di...FactSheetID=123

http://covertheuninsured.org/factsheets/di...FactSheetID=108

You will find that illegal aliens do not make up the majority of the uninsured. That in fact, the majority of uninsured are the working poor, the lower middle class, children, and young adults.

How is compulsory taxation and charity -not- an imposition of moral values by government?

Because, taxation is not a violation of ones rights unless they are anarchist and simply do not believe in any governing authority at all, and most social programs are a reflection of the collective public will and can be overturned by the voting public at any time. They are reflections of our moral values, not impositions.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

My mother and father divorced when I my brother and I were young. My mother worked 2 and 3 jobs to raise us, and we never received any public assistance. I am not sure what your point is though. If we can provide health insurance for uninsured children then why not do it?

Also, our foreign aid is distributed by the state department for purposes that benefit United States interests. For example, say we provide 20 million to Pakistan for public schools, this helps to prevent many Pakistanis from sending their children to madrasas because a public school is not available in their area. So while we are giving that 20 million to people who might not like us, it is benefiting us because less Pakistanis get indoctrinated into radical islam because of it. Of course, that is just one example.

forrest, your a smart man I read your post, whats not to get, the government needs to quit sending money to other countries and spend it on the people who actually supply it to them, namely the Americdan people. I don't care where the Pakistanis send their kids, when there are Americans that have to work 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet. Whats so hard to understand about that???? If our government feels the need to use MY money for charitable aid, then Americans should get that aid. Not Pakistanis, or illegal aliens..........Americans. How many single family homes, or elderly people could be helped with the billions of dollars that our government throw to everybody but its own people??? But, the government doesn't stop there, OH NO, now we are supposed to give them more money so they can give health care to "children" most of whom are illegals or their parents are..........no, to put it quite bluntly, I don't care, they are not my problem, I didn't beg and steal (as illegals do) to take care of my family I WORKED for everything we had. So should they. And the point about me working was I paid my medical bills and yes they are HUGE.