Nebuchadnezza10

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

AMEN...Great points, I do not and have not thought that these "examined" threads have been anything but troll work...I have seen this time and again on boards I have been on...I call it the extended troll...they stay until Good Saints leave and the awesome thing going on with the Saints is brought to "social club" status....

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Secondly, who are you to say that these people you have mentioned did not have faith? You weren't around then.

I am so sorry, I did not mean for you to think that I was saying that these people did not have faith. Like you said, I don't know their heart. I was saying that faith is not necessary to be healed.

Pleas read.

In addition, faith is not vital to being healed. What about all the dead that were raised. They did not have faith, they were dead. What about the lame man. He did not even expect to be healed. He was expecting money. So how does he have faith.

Acts 3

Peter Heals the Crippled Beggar

1One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer--at three in the afternoon. 2Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. 3When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. 4Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" 5So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

6Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." 7Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. 8He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. 9When all the people saw him walking and praising God, 10they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

Further more, Jesus chose not to do many miracles, not because he couldn

Hey Yod,

Thanx for being a little gentler than everyone else.

Look I have been given a revelation.

Actually it is 66 books long and was written over 1500 years by around 40 different authors and over I think 4 different continents.

This is the only revelation that I have received. No God speaking to me inside my head or prophets at my church sharing a revelation with me. Just the bible.

And thanx for the benefit of the doubt.

Actually it is 66 books long and was written over 1500 years by around 40 different authors and over I think 4 different continents.

This is the only revelation that I have received. No God speaking to me inside my head or prophets at my church sharing a revelation with me. Just the bible.

Well I know the people you are trying to convince. And I know them fairly well.

You...we aren't so sure about yet....but you seem to think that you are the only person here that reads the Bible? Or are you the only one who knows it all?

Those verses you posted say nothing about the gifts of the spirit being gone.

I find it sort of a weird "coincedence" that all these Church of Christ type doctrines appear at the same type from several new people.

Sure sounds like the Boston Movement to me....

:suspect:

what does 1 cor 13:8-13 say then.

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of (19) prophecy, they will be done away; if there are (20) tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

9 For we (21) know in part and we prophesy in part;

10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

12 For now we (22) see in a mirror dimly, but then (23) face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also (24) have been fully known.

13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is (25) love.

What does it say then?

it says they "will be" done away with...

It doesn't say that they "are" done away with.

When the "perfect comes" is where we have disagreement.

I don't know about you, but I don't see the perfect as having come yet. We disagree with your interpretation of that being the New Testament. I think it speaks of something much greater than words in a book.

He's talking about when we see Him face to face in verse 12. Have you done that yet?

You can have your opinion but please show a little grace for those of us who do not share it and we can all be friends.

:hug:

The reason it says they will be done away with is because when 1 cor was written there were still gifts, and the bible had not been fully compiled.

That is why Paul says

another meaning for "perfect" is mature.

When the maturity of time has come...when all things are brought to fruition.

This makes much more sense than that interpretation you gave. I've seen this doctrine a thousand times and it still make no sense to force this meaning. Why do you think God can't do that anymore? Because you don't have that experience?

I'm starting to think you must be a youngster. You have a zeal but it's misguided. You want to major in the minors? What's the point? Are you saying that anyone who disagrees with your private CoC interpretations are not truly "christians"?

That is what you imply with all of your assorted doctrinal debates. We're looking for fruit of the spirit...not knowledge of denominational dogma.

:suspect:

When will the maturity of time come?

If your implying that this is the end of time, the conclusion the earth, then how would you explain vs 13.

(13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.)

If the perfect were the end of time then why would we need hope, or faith? We will meet Jesus. You don

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Fellow Saints,

I am not sure about you but this cat is not gonna budge and ingores the TRUTH when posted...he is not hear to learn but to try to brain wash people with his dogma. If the gifts are not real...how is it I have been supernaturally healed?...if we do not prophecy...how is it I have done so and the prophecies have come to pass? Just by the people in here talking of their experiences testifies the gifts are real...this guy is so brainwashed that even though this has gotten to the point of being a comical thread...he still is trying to tell us we are all wrong...