• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

Mark 4:10-12 KJV

(Mar 4:10) And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.

(Mar 4:11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all {these} things are done in parables:

(Mar 4:12) That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and {their} sins should be forgiven them.

Quick Question thats been confusing me

To those who beleive free will - Why does Jesus not want them to repent?

To those who beleive Predestination - Why Does Jesus speak in Parables if Predestination is real? Wouldnt they not beleive it anyways?

Guest Biblicist
Mark 4:10-12 KJV

(Mar 4:10) And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.

(Mar 4:11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all {these} things are done in parables:

(Mar 4:12) That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and {their} sins should be forgiven them.

Quick Question thats been confusing me

To those who beleive free will - Why does Jesus not want them to repent?

Its not that he didn't want them to repent, Jesus was just referring to prophecy from Isaiah which said they would see and not percieve and hear and not understand. Many of hte same people later came to believe and understand, but only after the resurrection.

To those who beleive Predestination - Why Does Jesus speak in Parables if Predestination is real? Wouldnt they not beleive it anyways?

You'll never get an answer to this from any of the predestination people that doesn't contradict itself.

If predestination is true, then God is the biggest hypocrite ever, since he said "thou shalt not", but then allegedly predestines people to do just that...

What did Jesus have to say about his speaking in parables. It's always best to go right to the source. :noidea:

Matthew 13:9-11 9He who has ears, let him

hear." 10The disciples came to him and

asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?"

11He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the

kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.

Luke 8:9-10 9His disciples asked him what this parable

meant. 10He said, "The knowledge of the

secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in

parables, so that, " 'though seeing, they may not see;

though hearing, they may not understand.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I know that God knows who will accept Jesus as their Savior and who will continue to live in wickedness, rejecting Him.

I believe "Predestination" is some people's excuse to abuse others they believe are "destined for Hell". Like an excuse for war on a country considered evil with no "sheep" left in it, only "wolves".

Why Does Jesus speak in Parables if Predestination is real?

From what I gather, speaking in parables is also a form of protection from those who attack everything we say. If you notice, the scribes and other teachers of the laws were always around Jesus, waiting to trap Him in everything He said. They do the same thing today, believe it or not, and we need to be careful about what we say and do while still remaining in the will of God.

Matthew 10:16

16)I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

You would think, of all people, the people who hung Jesus on the cross would be "destined for Hell", so why would Jesus ask God to forgive them for they know not what they do?

Only God knows who will eventually come to Him and who won't. We have to treat all people as though there is a chance of their salvation but at the same time, be careful not to be led into a snare by the principalities and powers using humans as puppets to do their destruction on ALL mankind.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I will share a good explanation of "predestination" that I read in a study Bible. It was given in reference to Ephesians 1:4-5 and Romans 8:29-30. I offer this because I thought it made a lot of sense but I'm not prepared to defend or even discuss the subject. I'm still learning.

Predestine means to mark out or determine beforehand. Predestination includes events divinely caused such as the salvation of the elect and events divinely permitted. To say that God predestined the evil acts of men does not mean that God caused these acts. Rather, it means that God foreknowing how men will act under various circumstances, determined beforehand to permit them so to act, thus making the acts certain to come to pass as parts of His total plan, yet leaving all men fully responsibe for what they do.

The Biblical truth of predestination raises diffcult intellectual problems, but these cannot be escaped by rejecting predestination and affirming foreknowledge. For if God foreknows all events, then they are just as certain as if they were predestined.

(Scofield study Bible NKJ)

I shall duck out now.