IGNORED

Church

Guest hummingbird

Hi Miss Pryzma!

And I agree with you hummingbird, with the whole thing about that if one cares about you then one would care about the things you like and dislike. - Should I tell him that?

I think you should...if you do it subtley, suggesting that it works both ways I think he should understand.

I also suggested to him that I send him a Bible but he said 'No - please don

B4 I begin, hi hummingbird, and welcome to the boards.

Here's some insight from someone slightly younger than you, Miss Pryzma.

I'm pretty much building up on sum of the stuff hummingbird said. You can't change the heart of this man in your life. Only God can do that. I wouldn't force Christianity onto him too much if it seems to make him uneasy.....but from what it seems, it doesn't. I mean, he'd actually rather prefer to talk about Jesus to you face to face, and he'd like to see the Passion....for whatever reasons he may have. (hopefully for the correct ones.) It seems you are going about this rather smoothly hon.

I don't think you should "compromise" your going to church for his sake, however. My mother married my father, who had not been saved for years. He told of the story how she always left him at home while she went on to church. He respected her, and she respected him. Eventually, he became a Christian as well, and is a very ideal leader figure in my life on the spiritual basis.

So, what I'm BASICALLY trying to say is let it go. Go with the flow. You continue worshipping at your church, and you respect his feelings as well. If he doesn't feel like gooing, DON'T FORCE HIM. You can't treat the Gospel like a mother bird and her babies. If you keep on pushing them before they're ready, they might crash into the ground when they're shoved out of the nest.

ALSO, remember: Your boyfriend MUST respect your feelings as well. These sort of situations can be a lil more difficult because of such vast differences in beliefs and all, but if you both are willing to be together even with such differences, you should both come to an agreement on something....

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. So you were a lil rowdy when you met tha guy, eh? I take it this means you might be doing things differently around him then, huh? Well, as I think we've all stressed before, respect each other, and everything will be fine. Who knows, you might be that particular instument God wanted to use to bring this guy to Him. I dunno, but jusssssst maybe..

Guest LCPGUY
I never answer a post without first asking the Holy Spirit to guide me, give me insight and direct my words! I would never want hurt anyone, and I realize that one tiny word could very easily cause someone to stumble! So He alone gets the credit. I'm just the instument. I always know He did it, cause left to my own devices I'm not smart enough to know what to say! LOL!

Again, you are so welcome here. You have great wisdom.

You are a true "Lady of our Lord."

Hummingbird, don't ever leave us. We need people like you, who are caught up in Love. You represent the Lord admirably!!!

There is so much discussion here of doctrine. Yet you bring the true message of Christ: LOVE.

Thank you.

Please stay!

Luv Yuh,

John

Guest hummingbird

Thank you John! You sure have a warm loving heart! And a way of making everyone feel very welcome and appreciated!

I know the Lord would like to see more like you! (Maybe cloning isn't such a bad idea, :t2: hummm, (just kidding) LOL!

Love you John!

Judy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone thanks for the advice! :b: ... Nothing much new has happened since the last time, other than one thing - I did ask him that question Hummingbird, and He totally agreed with it. Which is cool... I didn't mention the church thing when asking it, he came up with it later on in the convo and said that he'll go and he'll stay through it all.. So we'll just have to wait and see!

I can't wait till he comes out now less than a month!!! :duh:

Guest hummingbird

Wonderful Miss Pryzma!Looks like you are off and running into a wonderful relationship! Keep me informed, I'm still praying the Lord will lead you in this...

Love you! :hug: :hug:

Judy

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the prayers you guys!

When He was out he came to church and loved it, and wanted to go back the next sunday! (Wrote about it in the fellowship hall) ... And what is even better is that he got saved! He's moving out here from Ireland and is really looking fwd to coming to church again! Praise the Lord!

I gave him a Bible and some CD sermons from the church I go to. (He liked the pastor) ... So hopefully that will help him in the next 4 months, until he comes back.

Please keep praying for him... it's going to be a trying time without any Christian mates over there.