• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Yes he is capable, God can do whatever He wants, but I don't see how anyone can conclude that.  When I read Genesis 1 it clearly spells out in obsessive detail that God spoke creation into existence in a period of 6 literal days.

Before the creation of the sun? Before the earth began turning? Not so simple, methinks. :laugh:

The Bible also doesn't mention dinosaurs. Do you really think it's posible (or necessary) for the Bible to capture every detail?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree with Genesis! 100%! :laugh: im just saying that God COULD have used the big bang to get it all started. WE cant understand how He could have done it, but WE dont have to. We have finite minds, how can we understand the infinate mind in all its aspects?

Yup. ;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Yes he is capable, God can do whatever He wants, but I don't see how anyone can conclude that.

We have finite minds, how can we understand the infinate mind in all its aspects? The Bible states that there are things that we will not understand until we go to be with God.

Ah, JesusIs....if only we could all realize that. :laugh:

Proverbs 3:5-7

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

The bible does mention dinosaurs...in Job.

:huh: Where?

Guest arkon

Job 40:15 Behold now, behemoth, (it is believed to be the brontosaurus family) which I made as well as thee; He eateth grass as an ox.

Job 40:16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, And his force is in the muscles of his belly.

Job 40:17 He moveth his tail like a cedar:(huge tail ehh?) The sinews of his thighs are knit together.

Job 40:18 His bones are as tubes of brass; His limbs are like bars of iron.

Job 40:19 He is the chief of the ways of God:(largest animal on earth) He only that made him giveth him his sword.

Job 40:20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, Where all the beasts of the field do play.

Job 40:21 He lieth under the lotus-trees, In the covert of the reed, and the fen.

Job 40:22 The lotus-trees cover him with their shade; The willows of the brook compass him about.

Job 40:23 Behold, if a river overflow, he trembleth not;(have you seen flooded rivers on TV? Cars trucks trees swept away? Not this guy) He is confident, though a Jordan swell even to his mouth.

Job 40:24 Shall any take him when he is on the watch, Or pierce through his nose with a snare? (put a ring in his nose like an ox to control his movement...or ride him)

---

Some type of water dinosaur

Job 41:1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with a fishhook? Or press down his tongue with a cord?

Job 41:2 Canst thou put a rope into his nose? Or pierce his jaw through with a hook?

Job 41:3 Will he make many supplications unto thee? Or will he speak soft words unto thee?

Job 41:4 Will he make a covenant with thee, That thou shouldest take him for a servant for ever?

Job 41:5 Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? Or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?

Job 41:6 Will the bands of fishermen make traffic of him? Will they part him among the merchants?

Job 41:7 Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons, Or his head with fish-spears?

Job 41:8 Lay thy hand upon him; Remember the battle, and do so no more.

Job 41:9 Behold, the hope of him is in vain: Will not one be cast down even at the sight of him?

Job 41:10 None is so fierce that he dare stir him up; Who then is he that can stand before me?

Job 41:11 Who hath first given unto me, that I should repay him? Whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.

Job 41:12 I will not keep silence concerning his limbs, Nor his mighty strength, nor his goodly frame.

Job 41:13 Who can strip off his outer garment? Who shall come within his jaws?

Job 41:14 Who can open the doors of his face? Round about his teeth is terror.

Job 41:15 His strong scales are his pride, Shut up together as with a close seal.

Job 41:16 One is so near to another, That no air can come between them.

Job 41:17 They are joined one to another; They stick together, so that they cannot be sundered.

Job 41:18 His sneezings flash forth light, And his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.

Job 41:19 Out of his mouth go burning torches, And sparks of fire leap forth.

Job 41:20 Out of his nostrils a smoke goeth, As of a boiling pot and burning rushes.

Job 41:21 His breath kindleth coals, And a flame goeth forth from his mouth.

Job 41:22 In his neck abideth strength, And terror danceth before him.

Job 41:23 The flakes of his flesh are joined together: They are firm upon him; they cannot be moved.

Job 41:24 His heart is as firm as a stone; Yea, firm as the nether millstone.

Job 41:25 When he raiseth himself up, the mighty are afraid: By reason of consternation they are beside themselves.

Job 41:26 If one lay at him with the sword, it cannot avail; Nor the spear, the dart, nor the pointed shaft.

Job 41:27 He counteth iron as straw, And brass as rotten wood.

Job 41:28 The arrow cannot make him flee: Sling-stones are turned with him into stubble.

Job 41:29 Clubs are counted as stubble: He laugheth at the rushing of the javelin.

Job 41:30 His underparts are like sharp potsherds: He spreadeth as it were a threshing-wain upon the mire.

Job 41:31 He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: He maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.

Job 41:32 He maketh a path to shine after him; One would think the deep to be hoary.

Job 41:33 Upon earth there is not his like, That is made without fear.

Job 41:34 He beholdeth everything that is high: He is king over all the sons of pride.

Job 40:15 Behold now, behemoth, (it is believed to be the brontosaurus family) which I made as well as thee; He eateth grass as an ox.

"Believed" by who? I thought brontos ate from trees; they're too tall to eat from the ground.

Job 40:15  Behold now, behemoth, (it is believed to be the brontosaurus family) which I made as well as thee; He eateth grass as an ox.

"Believed" by who? I thought brontos ate from trees; they're too tall to eat from the ground.

brontos had very long necks, so I'd say they could eat what ever they wanted. :laugh:

Guest arkon

First in the ways of God either refers to its size or its power/ferocity. Much as we call the lion...the king of the jungle.

So...both the discription...and the title (largest of all land animals) fit the bronto family.

brontos had very long necks, so I'd say they could eat what ever they wanted.

:laugh:

Im not gonna tell him , 'no'

Edited by arkon

Guest 1preacher

I havent read yet where there was a big explosion and life just started. The book of GENESIS says GOD formed man from the duat of the earth and breathed the breath of life in him and he became a living soul. Any questions?