• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 75

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. (2 Thessalonians 1:11)

By his power God will fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. The results may not be obvious immediately but in God's time, your efforts will bear fruit and you will glorify God for his goodness. The Bible says,

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. (Colossians 3:23, 24)

The ultimate rewarder is God and everything good comes from him. Give thanks to the Lord for all you receive as your wages. Do not murmur or grumble, because as a child of God, all your blessings come from him. You may feel like being cheated by the people for whom you work for, but thank God and he will give you more, because it is from his hands that you receive all blessings.

The Bible says,

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6, 7)

• Group:  Diamond Member

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 76

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. (Revelation 2:17)

So we are going to receive new names. Any guesses what yours would be? Frankly most of us never had a choice to select our own names. As we came of age we finally knew that we were this one or that one. And some never like their names; they would liked to be called differently.The daring, even change their names and get it published too.

Sometime in the past, God decided to change a couple of names. He renamed Abram...Abraham and Sarai.....Sarah. Well, God seems to be in the name changing business and as the above verse indicates, every overcomer will receive a new name. A couple of verses more from the book of Revelation regarding names:

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. (Revelation 3:12)

No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. (Revelation 22:3, 4)

So we as believers in Jesus Christ will be receiving new names and also the name of God and the name of the city of God will be on us. A new name and a new address. And the owners name too. There won't be a change of address any more. Praise the Lord.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/12/1985

Thanks for taking the time to type all this.

Thanks for taking the time to type all this.

:emot-highfive:

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 77

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

Amidst all the problems that we as believer's face in our day to day lives, isn't it wonderful that God gives us joy and peace as we keep trusting in him. The Bible says,

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (Romans 5:5)

It's so wonderful that because we have trusted in Jesus, the Comforter, the Holy Spirit dwells in us.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (John 16:7)

Though we may feel depressed sometimes because of certain persistent problems, very soon we see a change. That's because the Comforter is with us. He renews our hope each day that these problems will finally come to an end and we will rejoice that the Lord has once again done great things for us. May the Comforter refresh you this day as you read this and may he renew the hope that is there in you. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 78

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (2 Timothy 4:18)

Can you affirm what Paul the apostle says here? Though in certain situations we may feel that we are helpless, we must believe that God is all powerful and everything is in his hands. Yes, God will rescue you from every evil attack of satan and bring you safely to his heavenly kingdom.

The Apostle Peter writes,

If he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard) - if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. (2 Peter 2:6-9)

The Bible also says,

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.....(2 Chronicles 16:9)

Are you fully committed to him? If yes, then be assured this day that the Lord's eyes are on you to strengthen your heart and he will rescue you from every evil attack of satan and bring you safely into his heavenly kingdom. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 79

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3)

Before we place our proposals before men, as believers we should place it at the Lord's feet for his approval and blessings. If it is not the Lord's will, might as well not proceed with it. If we can't clearly hear the Lord's thoughts regarding the issue in question, a fleece can be placed in the Lord's presence. Too many fleeces can bring doubts too, so it's best to place one or at the most two as Gideon did (Judges 6:36-40)

The Lord will speak but sometimes we have to wait upon him. He may speak through his Word as we meditate on it, he may speak through dreams and visions, he may speak through the sermon that we are listening to, he may speak through another believer and so many other ways.

If we have the approval of the Lord, then we have the backing of the Holy Spirit too and he will help us succeed in the venture that we wish to undertake.

So commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 80

This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." (John 6:58)

Are you feeding on the life giving manna? As a believer, it is imperative that you feed on the Word of God continually. It will refresh, rejuvenate, rekindle, repair, rescue, regenerate and revitalize the different areas of your life. Jesus said, " The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. (John 6:63)

Do you spend time with the Word every morning and evening? God will speak to you as often as you read the Word. If you have been slack in reading the Word, please take a decision today to spend more time with the Word.

Jesus said, "Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." (John 6:58)

Manna was temporarily given to the Israelites to satisy their hunger in the wilderness. The Word that we read is life giving and the one who lives by it will live forever.

Some consider reading of the Word, a trivial matter. But God places great emphasis on it, that's why the Bible says that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

So give the Word of God it's right place in your life and be blessed.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 81

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. (1 Peter 5:4)

The Good Shepherd (John 10:11), The Great Shepherd (Hebrews 13:20), The Shepherd of our Souls (1 Peter 2:25) & the Chief Shepherd (1 Peter 5:4) are all one and the same- Jesus Christ.

Peter the Apostle says that the Chief Shepherd is going to appear and when that happens he's going to give those who have lived faithful to him, a crown of glory that will never fade away. Earthly crowns are temporary and those who wear them rejoice for a while wearing them, but those who receive the crown of glory will rejoice forever because that is one of the rewards that the Lord has kept for them.

The Bible says,

For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." (Revelation 7:17)

How wonderful that Jesus will wipe away all traces of every sorrowful experience that the faithful endured while they lived on earth.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." (Revelation 21:4, 5)

Yes, the Chief Shepherd is coming back soon. He's making everything new. Are you ready to meet him? Are you ready to wear the crown of glory? Do not let satan cheat you as he cheated Adam & Eve. Be prepared to meet your Chief Shepherd. God Bless You.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 82

But this is what the LORD says: "Yes, captives will be taken from warriors, and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save. (Isaiah 49:25)

Are you worried because your children are truant & unruly? Can it be that the enemy of your soul- satan- has taken them captive? So many prayers yet you do not see any change in their lives! Be assured this day that your prayers will not go unanswered. Jesus will set them free.

Perhaps it's not your children but your spouse or parents who have become captives to the devil. Jesus will set them free. Jesus advised his disciples to fast and pray to get victory over unbelief and the demon powers.

Use the Word of God to fight against the enemy. It's sharper than any double edged sword and can destroy stronholds. Do not despair. Take up the shield of faith and fight.

The Apostle Paul says,

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:4)

God says, "I will contend with those who contend with you..." Believe in him. Do what his Word says in the book of Ephesians:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests..... (Ephesians 6:12-18)

Will you do it? You will see victory in your lives soon. God bless you.