• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 46

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. (1 Timothy 4:8)

Godliness in one sense means having the same qualities of God. But how can mortal man acheive that? Is it possible? Yet, that is what holds promise for you and me for both the present life and the life to come. The Bible says, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. (2 Peter 1:3)

• Group:  Diamond Member

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 47

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out - those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned." (John 5:28, 29)

Will be you there in the "Resurrection to everlasting life"? God gives everyone an oppurtunity to know and seek him and to live for him. The Bible says, "Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6)

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 48

By faith Abraham, even though he was past age - and Sarah herself was barren - was enabled to become a father because he considered him faithful who had made the promise. (Hebrews 11:11)

Like Abraham, consider him faithful who has made the promise to you. The Lord has promised, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." He is our unchanging God. Cast away all your doubts. Jesus loves you with an everlasting love.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 49

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

So what are you looking forward to? Migration to another country. Good if it's the Lord's will for you and family. Something better coming too if your spiritual eyes are open and your are in sync with the Lord and his Word. A new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. God bless.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 50

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. (Psalm 31:24)

Are you feeling downcast today? Sick and tired of this thing called "life"? Nothing unusual, it happens to most of us. Sometimes Christian life is like a clock's pendulum with faith swinging to and fro; but you must hang in there, remembering the words of the Lord," And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 51

He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. (Psalm 107:20)

The Word of God has power to heal. Once a centurion told Jesus, "...just say the word, and my servant will be healed. (Matthew 8:8)When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. (Matthew 8:10)The Roman centurion believed that one word from Jesus was enough to heal his servant; will you believe?

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 52

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall. (Malachi 4:2)

Do you revere the name of Jesus? There are great many blessings attached to it. One of them is that the sun of righteousness- Jesus himself will shine brightly upon you all the days of your life and that will bring healing to you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 53

With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." (Psalms 91:16)

This promise is for he/she:

who dwells in the shelter of the Most High and rests in the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91:1)..who makes the Most High his/her dwelling ...(Psalm 91:9)....who loves the Lord and acknowledges his name...((Psalm 91:14)Hope you are.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 54

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. (Psalm 138:7)

Great are the saving works of the Lord when the enemy brings trouble to our lives. Satan is the hater of all good and tries to thwart the work of God but he loses again and again because God is the protector of those who walk with him.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 55

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:1-3)

Jesus here asks his disciples to place their complete trust in the Father and in him. Why should we? some ask. For one, there is no other choice though many false choices may be seen on the horizon. And there is no one else with a better track record. He is perfect & unchanging. So put your complete trust in Him.