• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 198

Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. (Hebrews 9:28)

The return of Jesus Christ is not to bear sin but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. Aircrafts can be put on autopilot mode to run a charted course. Sadly, there is no autowaiting mode for the believer to run the course from here to eternity for there are constant battles to deal with. The flesh, the world and satan, one at a time or in any combination has to be dealt with constantly till the end comes, either when one joins Christ at his coming or when one breathes the last breath here on earth and joins Christ.

Waiting is a difficult period to deal with for whatever be the end result. Waiting can be taxing to the mind as well as the body. People wait to give life (birth), to live (recover from an illness/accident) and there are some who also wait to die(terminal illnesses).

Waiting cannot be escaped from at many stages of our life. Why do we have to wait?

Maturity is one answer. In the case of a child growing in the womb, the period of becoming mature enough to live on birth is vital. Maturity brings on ripening as in the case of fruits and they deliver a luscious taste than when they are immature and unripe. Also, for the believer, God does things with his perfect timing and in the process of waiting he effects a lot of changes in the person concerned.

Have you been waiting for something positive to happen? Is it taxing your mind a lot?

The Bible has simple assurances to deal with that.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:6,7)

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

And let it be so in the lives of all who read this.Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 199

He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea. (Psalm 102:17)

2 key words in the above promise are "will respond" and "not despise".

Often we despair regarding lost oppurtunities. It could have worked out but it didn't. Perhaps it was our fault. So does there remain any hope?

Prayer is a weapon that can be used to sort out umpteen problems that surface in our lives because of personal carelessness or unwise decisions.

Yes, prayer brings renewed hope because as the above promise says, "God does not despise" and "he will respond" if we come back to him asking for forgiveness and renewal.

The Bible says,

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

God can and will work out better things for us if we humble ourselves, confess our sins and unrighteousness and ask for his help in turning our failures into success.

He is Almighty and can turn things around in a moment.

Are you brokenhearted? Are you crushed in your spirit?

Jesus will not despise your prayers but instead will repond favorably to your pleas. Trust in him. He is your Savior. He loves you.

God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises-200

Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done. "As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease." (Genesis 8:20-22)

Off to a fresh start. Noah and his family were beginning anew after the flood. They all must have had their own share of stories to tell their children and grand children later on. Stories of 'before the flood' and stories of their sojourn in the ark.

Sometimes we get stuck in a rut and desire to begin anew or desire a change. If you are praying for a fresh beginning, perhaps a new job, a change of place to live or any other thing, it's good to place the matter at the Lord's feet and seek his guidance. And when he gives the go ahead, it's time to step out in faith.

There's no point in wasting time placing still another fleece in the presence of the Lord when he has already spoken twice or thrice. It's time to act. The Lord is always willing to help us with fresh beginnings.

God strengthened Noah by giving him and his family promises for a wonderful future. His promises to you are also on similar lines. To sum it all up, here's a verse from the book of Jeremiah.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Believe it. Step out in faith. And may Jesus bless you always.

Simple Thoughts On Promises-201

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (2 Peter 1:3,4)

Why has God so graciously given us great and precious promises?

There are 2 reasons for that:

1. To participate in his divine nature.

2. To escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

People of this world who do not know Christ cannot participate in the divine nature of God. They fall easily for the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. Even as believer's we know how difficult it is to stand firm in the face of temptations. Yet because of the Holy Spirit of God who from within us keeps constantly convicting us of sin and unrighteousness, we are constantly alerted.

Participating in God's divine nature is such a privilege. Jesus said,

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. (John 14:12)

The power and holy attributes of God manifests in the lives of believer's who submit to God and are obedient to his Word. The only way to live a powerful christian life is to live in submission to God and his Holy Word and the power of the Holy Spirit manifests in the lives of those who do this.

The promise for today's devotional states that:

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Are you part-taking of this glorious privilege? It's once in a lifetime offer.

To escape the corruption in the world, God invites everyone to participate in his divine nature. Will you accept his invitation? If you have already accepted his invitation, will you take a firm decision to stay true to your Savior?

He will surely bless you.

Praise the Lord.

Simple Thoughts On Promises-202

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. (Isaiah 49:15,16)

God gave this promise to the nation of Israel which thought that God had forsaken and forgotten her. Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me." (Isaiah 49:14)

Do you feel the same this day?

Moses obeyed God and went into Pharaoh's presence and declared to him what the Lord had said. The Bible says,

Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the desert.'"

Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go." (Exodus 5:1, 2)

Pharaoh showed that he didn't care and increased his atrocities on the Israelites. He told the slave masters not to give the Israelites straw for making bricks. The Israelites were angry and poured out their ire on Moses and Aaron.

Moses was depressed. He returned to the LORD and said, "O Lord, why have you brought trouble upon this people? Is this why you sent me? Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble upon this people, and you have not rescued your people at all." (Exodus 5:22,23)

God did rescue the Israelites from Pharaoh and the Egyptians, but in his time and according to his plan. Moses, Aaron and the Israelites had to wait. But finally the time came when they saw the last of Egypt.

Circumstances will change dear friend. Be watchful in prayer. Wait for God. Remember,

God has engraved you on the palms of his hands. He will not let the enemy win. Trust and hope in Jesus. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises-203

This is what the LORD says: See, I am setting before you the way of life and the way of death. Whoever stays in this city will die by the sword, famine or plague. But whoever goes out and surrenders to the Babylonians who are besieging you will live; he will escape with his life. (Jeremiah 21:8,9)

Strange but perfect are the ways of God. Here he asks Jeremiah the prophet to tell the Israelites that if they wanted to remain alive, they must surrender to their enemies, the Babylonians. Staying in the city or in own their homes would lead to their death.

God knows what's best for us and where we can be secure. Surrendering to the enemy was not going to be a pleasant life, but they could remain alive and come back to their homes at God's appointed time.

Long back during the time of Abraham, the Bible says,

So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian maidservant Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. He slept with Hagar, and she conceived. When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. Then Sarai said to Abram, "You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my servant in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the LORD judge between you and me." "Your servant is in your hands," Abram said. "Do with her whatever you think best." Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her. (Genesis 16:3-6)

Hagar decided enough was enough and ran away into the desert.

The angel of the LORD found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?" "I'm running away from my mistress Sarai," she answered. Then the angel of the LORD told her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to her." (Genesis 16:7-9)

God knew that it was in her best interest to be with Abraham at this period of her life. She was pregnant and God had a plan for her and her son. God gave her promises and sent her back.

Believe me when I say, God knows which place is best for you and your family. Move ahead only as the Spirit of God guides you. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises-204

For he who avenges blood remembers; he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted. (Psalm 9:12)

Do you feel that people ignore you?; That they don't give you much importance?

Do your requests fall on deaf ears? Well I have good news for you. People may ignore your cry, but God doesn't. He hears even the groans that comes from the depths of your heart.

David once cried to the Lord: Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught at the voice of the enemy, at the stares of the wicked; for they bring down suffering upon me and revile me in their anger. My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death assail me. Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me. (Psalm 55:1-5)

I guess none of us would want to be in his shoes. David was desperate. He just wanted out. That's why he said,

"Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest - I would flee far away and stay in the desert; I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm." (Psalm 55:6-8)

When people near and dear to us hurt us, the pain is overwhelming, but as the promise for today says,"he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted." So there's hope for you who are afflicted.

David found strength in his God and so he said,

But I call to God, and the LORD saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me. (Psalm 55:16-18)

Be strengthened this day, with these wonderful promises dear friend and always make it a point to cast your cares on the LORD. He will sustain you; he will never let you down. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises-205

From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. (Psalm 3:8)

During the three and a half years of Jesus' ministry, we read of him bringing deliverance to many people who were afflicted by demons. One of the foremost among them was the deliverance that he wrought for the demon possessed man at Gerasenes.

They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes. When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evil spirit came from the tombs to meet him. This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones. When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!" Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" "My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many." (Mark 5:1-9)

That morning Jesus had sat in a boat and taught the people speaking to them in parables. And when it was evening he expressed his desire to go to the other side of the lake with his disciples. They had to face a furious storm while they were rowing to the other side. The disciples were frightened and they woke up Jesus who was sleeping on a cushion in the stern. They said, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"(Mark 4:38). Jesus rebuked the winds and the waves and everything was calm again.

Jesus had come crossing the lake to Gerasenes just to bring deliverance to this one demon afflicted man. We don't read of him doing any other work there. The people there didn't want him to stay. So he crossed the lake again.

Every person is important to Jesus. As a child of God, you are even more important to him. The Bible says that his love for you is everlasting. So do not despair, even if other people don't give you much importance. You are precious to Jesus. Live for him and bring glory to his name. God bless you.

Simple Thoughts On Promises-206

The LORD said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. (Genesis 25:23, 24)

Rebecca had questions for the Lord when she got pregnant. The Bible says,

The babies jostled each other within her, and she said, "Why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of the LORD. (Genesis 25:22)

What we read above was God's reply to her and in the fullness of time, what the Lord said came into being.

Rebecca remembered the Lord's words, "the older will serve the younger." Later on as her sons grew up she planned on her own to bring into effect the Lord's plan, but that was a disaster. She made Jacob, the younger son, deceive his almost blind father to receive the blessings due his elder brother Esau. Jacob had to go away from home and returned only after 20 years.

When God gives us a promise, he will guide us by his Holy Spirit to accomplish what he has planned or decided. Making our own plans to fulfil God's promise may eventually result in chaos and sorrow for the persons involved.

God is able to fulfil his plans for our lives. All we need to do is to be receptive to his voice and guidance and walk and act on his counsel. Then his plans will be fulfilled at the right time. Praise the Lord.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/12/1985

another good read man. still have more to read though. <,<