• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

John 2:12-22

12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother and His brothers and His disciples; and they stayed there a few days. 13 The Passover of the Jews was near, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables. 15 And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables; 16 and to those who were selling the doves He said, "Take these things away; stop making My Father's house a place of business."

Jesus was angry when he discovered men turning the temple into a market place. Was He justified in being angry? Why?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Was He justified in being angry? Why?

Yes He was....the Bible does not condemn anger - rather it says "In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry ( Ephesians 4:26 ).

Jesus had the right to be angry, they were defiling the Temple....where is the temple now ? Where does the Spirit reside ? When Jesus returns, what will He find in His Temple ? I believe this righteous anger displayed by our Lord 2000 years ago is a foretaste of what He will do when He returns to find His Temple yet defiled again....

I hate to keep beating this topic down, but it's so relevant - homosexuality....Paul said to honor God with our bodies for they are the Temple of God....homosexuality and ALL forms of fornication are detestable to God....when He returns, what will He find going on in His Temple ? How will He respond ? If His actions 2000 years ago are any indication, I intend on keeping His Temple in tip top shape....

Thanks for that Cats....we need to hear of judgement as well as salvation.

Serving Him,

Bob

Ah, but Bob, we must not "judge"! We must not be "intolerant". Today Jesus would be considered judgemental and accused of spewing bile and ugly attitudes.

Anyone who would follow after him will be stereotyped as judgemental, caustic, vile and self-righteous. Then they're accused of being prideful, (because they stand firm on scripture).

If you take a stand on sin and refuse to cave in, you'll be labeled as "spreading filth and bile". They'll also accuse you of being "unloving".

If you take a stand against any kind of sin, you can count on it.

Intimidation is the weapon of choice by Satan. If you dare take a stand for Christ and stand firm against sin, you will be accused of all kinds of things.

You see, those who call us "self-righteous" or "judgemental" are the same ones who refuse to refute the bible which directly warns us to avoid sin and walk holy before God.

They CANNOT refute scripture so they attack those who stand on it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

If you take a stand on sin and refuse to cave in, you'll be labeled as "spreading filth and bile". They'll also accuse you of being "unloving".

Then let them. As for me & my house, we will serve the Lord. God never said we couldn't judge someone's fruits....Jesus said over and over that a tree is known by it's fruit. A good tree can not bear bad fruit and a bad tree can not bear good fruit....if I look at the fruit and it is bad, it is an observation, not judgement.

I encourage people to judge my fruits, it keeps me pruned. Trim the bad off and toss it into the fire. We are not to judge one's heart ? True, only God can do that....we can judge one's fruit and tell if they are a good or bad tree however.

Of course, the world would never understand this so you're right....they will label me judgmental.....

Serving Him,

Bob

Bob, Satan has an answer for everything. If you judge a man's fruit, then you'll be mocked as a "fruit inspector". I've seen that one, too.

I figure I might as well resign myself to being public enemy #1. I have already taken a stand on sin. I won't deviate.

I accepted Christ and was single, (I'm married now). I had to repent from sexual sin and sin no more.

I had to keep my mind from sinful movies or stimulus and avoid things which would cause me to sin.

I would 'think' that would include any movie that entices me to do anything that is sinful or wrong.

Anymore, it doesn't matter if we're talking to professing believers or not...people are either lukewarm and straddling the fence or their sold out for Christ and refuse to yield.

If anyone were to sit down and do a real thorough study of the "seven churches" in the Book of Revelation, it makes it painfully clear that many churches tolerate things which are offensive to the Lord. Some are just lukewarm and endangered to be "spewed out of his mouth".

Some are about about to lose their lampstand entirely. Others are predestined to lie on a bed of suffering for their immorality which they will not repent of.

Jesus is not "tolerant" or "permissive". I can't understand how people can be parents of children and not understand that loving a child means discipline and firm direction. It doesn't mean giving them license to do their own thing. That's not love.

God made concrete rules. Some will accept and embrace those rules and some will not.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Evaluation is not judgement since it does not invoke any kind of penalty or punishment.

I'll buy that.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

They CANNOT refute scripture so they attack those who stand on it.

This is what i was talking about earlier in our PMs Cats. Its when people deviate from God's word and start personally attacking others that i get disgusted.

God Bless,

Dave

Guest Called
Ah, but Bob, we must not "judge"! We must not be "intolerant". Today Jesus would be considered judgemental and accused of spewing bile and ugly attitudes.

Anyone who would follow after him will be stereotyped as judgemental, caustic, vile and self-righteous. Then they're accused of being prideful, (because they stand firm on scripture).

If you take a stand against any kind of sin, you can count on it.

Intimidation is the weapon of choice by Satan. If you dare take a stand for Christ and stand firm against sin, you will be accused of all kinds of things.

You see, those who call us "self-righteous" or "judgemental" are the same ones who refuse to refute the bible which directly warns us to avoid sin and walk holy before God.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Guest LCPGUY
John 2:12-22

12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother and His brothers and His disciples; and they stayed there a few days. 13 The Passover of the Jews was near, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables. 15 And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables; 16 and to those who were selling the doves He said, "Take these things away; stop making My Father's house a place of business."

Jesus was angry when he discovered men turning the temple into a market place. Was He justified in being angry? Why?

Yes He was justified in being angry because the people were defiling the Holy Place. Just as we are justified in getting angry when people do similar things and take God