• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

:huh: Hippo's hope....

I know it is a funny picture...Daisy doesn't like anyone to even watch her in her litter box...let alone get ambushed from behind :x: I would be rolling on the floor laughing right now but Daisy is watching me...just waiting for me to laugh at her :x:

djgoos and LadyC.....I sure hope it does work out...I don't know if I have two years in me though...geeeeez I feel like I'm on pins and needles already....if the kitten is in a room where Daisy wants to go we have to carry her...she jumps up on our leg and looks at us and we know shes saying...bend over pick me up and carry me peasent!!!...she is a persian (sp) a very pretty little girl...although when her ears lay back at the kitten she does kinda resemble a fruit bat :x: Boy am I glad she can't read.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Kittyjo...thanks again for the article...I pm'ed you.

Guest LadyC

hippo.... sorry about the age thing! i was thinking you were just a tiny bit younger than ashlea, which would have made you fifteen, but you're actually a little younger than rana, who turns 18 in a few weeks! well, i was close anyway!!

but where i was WAY WAY off was... for some dumb reason i read you response and then forgot that it wasn't you that posted the origional question!! man, it has really been a long day for me i guess, and i didn't even realize it! :oww:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

Angel

My two cats still don't get along and I have had Sassy (black male longhair) since he was a kitten. He is about 12 right now. I got Savannah (pretty calico) from a vet clinic (a drop off) about 7 years ago they estimated her to be about 2 when I got her. I got her because the cat I had that was raised with Sassy who's name was Friction (name after a song from a band I was good friends with) died suddenly one afternoon 4:10pm to be precise :huh: from a massive heart attack right at my feet. He just went into convulsions for about 2 minutes then he was gone. I can't tell you heartbreaking that was I was hysterical. Sassy came over and sniffed him and rubbed against him, head butted him to 'wake' him up. It was so sad.

Sassy and Friction were very close they groomed each other played together, chased each other they were like brothers, but they weren't litter mates. Sassy after Friction died was looking everywhere for him, calling, crying, he was really lonely. So my sister and I went looking for a replacement for him. When we brought Savannah home it was instant dislike. There was alot of hissing snarling and great nashing of teeth. They have since formed a tolerable relationship they don't groom each other or sleep together which is a shame. They will rip and tear and chase each other around when they get the notion but over all they don't really hang together or have much to do with each other.

Every once in awhile Sassy will really nail her it starts off with playing but then it escalates and the fur flies literally. I then intervene with the water bottle or yell. Savannah is a screamer anyway you'd think he was killing her even when they are play fighting. I just have the one litter box and they have shared for years. There is one central feeding station and water bowl. They get treats in the morning and at dinner time and they KNOW what time it is.

Sassy is the only one that goes outside and then its on a harness and leash he took to that like a duck to water. Savannah I tried her on the harness and leash but she freaked so I didn't want to traumatize her she is contented to watch from the window. So sometimes cats just don't jell, but they will settle into a working relationship over time. Its hard at first because you just think its going to be a roller coaster forever but they will either become very close or form their own boundary's that only they can figure out. Just give it some time and be prepared to step in and referee if need be.

Try and give them equal attention I try and pat both of them at once if they are competing for my attention. Sassy sleeps on one side of my pillow at night and Savannah on the other she will hiss if he invades her territory. Sassy likes to play with rolled up paper into a ball and its funny whenever I go out and come home I find them all in my bed! :huh: Savannah likes her little catnip pouches she rolls all over them and licks them till they're real soggy! (yuck) :rofl: Every cat is unique they all have their own personalities and thats what makes them fun and so much more superior then dogs!! :rofl: :x: :oww:

Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Marilyn

Some thoughts about cats:

If you want the best seat in the house, move the cat!

- A cat is a friend who will never betray you.

- A cat is always on the wrong side of the door.

- A cat is an animal who never cries over spilled milk.

- A cat stretches from one end of my childhood to the other.

- A cat will always sit on whatever you're trying to read.

- A cat's worst enemy is a closed door.

- A cat, the only self-cleaning appliance in the house.

- A happy cat means a happy household.

- A home without a cat is only a house.

- A purring cat and a glowing fireplace makes winter bearable

- Anything not nailed down is a cat toy.

- Cat asleep on my shoulders - the ONLY way to wear fur!

- Cat...an attitude in fur

- Cats are an alarm clock and are obligated to wake the humans.

- Cats Are PEOPLE Too

- Cats are purrfect.

- Cats know all the sunny places.

- Cats know they will get some human food if patient.

- The only self-cleaning thing in this house is the cat

- Wipe your paws

- You're not somebody until you're ignored by a cat

- You read, I'll purr

- "Purr"-fectly content

- My life is one "cat"-astrophe after another

- Purr-fect friend

- Love me, love my cat

- Cats know how we feel. They don't care, but they know.

- Dogs think they are human; Cats know they are.

- Every life should have nine cats.

- Into every life a little cat hair must fall.

- It's better to feed one cat, than many mice.

- Never say anything bad about another person's cat.

- Never trust a smiling cat.

- Never try to out stubborn a cat.

- Next to the cat, I love you best.

- Purranoia: the fear that cats are up to Something!

- We had to get rid of the kids - the cat was allergic.

- No outfit is complete without car hair!

- Cool, cool kitty

- Bad To The Bone

- CATastrophe

- CATnapping

- CATegories

- Quicker than a cat on a hot tin roof

- Sitting pretty with my kitty

- I'm imPAWsible

- Fur-ever friends

- Will Work for Tuna

- Every Life Should Have Nine Cats

- Better to have a fat cat than many mice

- Cats are people too

- Have a purr-fect day

- Husband and cat missing - reward for cat

- It's tough being purr-fect

- Meowie Christmas

- Paws to smell the catnip

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Thanks Marilyn777,

That is what I am starting to hope....a mutual understanding between the two...they don't have to love each other...but they can live in peace...I hope. I feel bad for Daisy...she looks at me like I betrayed her...she put our dogs right in their place...and established her dominance right away...kinda funny to see an 86lb lab and our schnoodle dog mind her when she puts her ears back and shows her teeth...but she can't do this with the kitten...when her ears go back the Binkie boo just jumps on top of her head :wub:

I guess its gonna be a waiting game....

Love and Blessings,

Angel

So sorry to hear about your kitty....it is so hard when one of our pets die...they so become a part of the family...just breaks my heart too.