• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

No, I did not talk to her before I filed the complaint.....I probably should have, but I was so incredibly mad that I knew if I went straight to the "problem", I might say something that I'd regret.

She knows it's me, because the yesterday she asked me if I had found the number to file a complaint. She had heard that I was looking for it.....so she will know it's me.

Today, the other manager I had told came and told me that the assistant store director came to him and told him about the complaint...obviously they had just gotten it in. He said "Yes, I know about it...".....the assistant store director said..."Is it valid?" and he said "Yes, it is..."

So it looks like tomorrow is the day that everything will hit the fan. Really dreading it. Oh, and I talked to yet another girl who did NOT get written up for missing the meeting.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Butero

I would probably have felt the same way you did in that situation. First, I would feel like the company was being overly strict to write me up for the infraction, and then I would have been doubly upset when I found out some didn't get a write up. Only one problem. You are assuming that the person who said they didn't get written up really got off without a write up. What if they were being unthruthful? Maybe they didn't want you to know they were written up when they were? Then there is the question of whether or not there were extenuating circumstances that may have led to this person not being written up? Each person was called in individually. I probably would have advised you not to complain. At the same time, I have been in a similar situation in the past, and have gone over my immediate supervisor's head. I wasn't dealing with someone who said they were a Christian so that didn't apply, but the situation was similar.

Most companies have an open door policy where you are encouraged to try to resolve disputes first with your immediate supervisor and then go up the chain of command. This is not a court of law, so I don't think you did anything morally wrong. I think you simply followed what is normal procedure for someone who didn't get satisfaction with their immediate supervisor. Since you have admitted it was a careless mistake to miss the meeting, and that your company is very strict regarding infractions, and also considering the fact that your actions could cause others to get written up that were not, which won't help you, and you have put your job at risk, it probably wasn't the best course of action to take, but I don't believe you sinned against God.

Since you cannot undo what you did, here is my advise. Tell God how you feel. Ask him to forgive you if you sinned in your actions, and to give you a clear conscience in the matter. I am not suggesting this because I believe you sinned, but because you need to have peace. Ask him to intervene in your job, and that if it be his will, that you will keep your present job, and if not, that he will give you a better job. Ask him to give you wisdom to deal with whatever comes your way and peace in knowing that God will take care of you. All things work together for good, to those that love God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

Actually, I talked to others yesterday who didn't get a write-up either. Only a select few did.

So far, no other news to report about what happened. Today is my last day-taking my vacation next week, so I'll be off for 9 days. Badly needed! :wub: