Moved from General Discussion to Doctrinal Questions

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

To me, it only shows that Jesus died a normal mortal's death.

Actually, it wasn't "normal" at all.

You need to die to know that. j/k. :laugh:

Not only was Jesus separated from the Father for the first time, but he took upon himself the Father's wrath for every single sin of mankind, past, present, and future. Jesus suffered more than any man in history.

All I can tell is this is a typical explanation. I respect that it is from the church's position, but that's not necessarily Biblical.

When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 7:54-60

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... To me, it only shows that Jesus died a normal mortal's death. All people die that way at their last moment, they all have the strong feeling of being abandoned....

No

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief:

and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows:

yet we did esteem him stricken,

smitten of God,

and afflicted. Isaiah 53:3-4

Normal

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

This commandment have I received of my Father. John 10:17-18

Mortal Death

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

No

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Indeed!

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:

the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned:

but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:16-18

And Be Blessed Beloved

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart:

for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Love, Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

.... To me, it only shows that Jesus died a normal mortal's death. All people die that way at their last moment, they all have the strong feeling of being abandoned....

No

No. You don't have the death experience to say a firm 'No'. :whistling:

Jesus Christ death can bear a very multi-folded meaning. :laugh: While I simply tried to point out what might have been overlooked instead of denying its other spirtual meanings.

Edited by Hawkins