AmariYah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

That's what I keep trying to say. It's a heart issue. Some ppl are getting caught up in the "practice" of it, and completely forgetting the principle behind it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Okay. I believe tithing directly reflects your heart!

Guest Called
Okay. I believe tithing directly reflects your heart!

100% AGREE! :)

It is not a legalistic thing it is a heart thing...nothing we have is ours anyway... ;)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

That's what I keep trying to say. It's a heart issue. Some ppl are getting caught up in the "practice" of it, and completely forgetting the principle behind it.

Seems to me much of Jesus ministry was focused exactly on that anyways. I can't think of one thing he talked about that didn't ultimately have to do with the heart anyways.

:il:

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

The term "tithing" is NOT a good NT word. Giving and offering are more applicable. "tithing" means 10th and if we limit ourselves to that we miss out on a whole bunch of God's blessings.

What I have learned about giving and offering:

1) It is God ordained, a "spiritual law" if you will

2) It is for OUR benefit and blessing

3) If we "give" with the correct "heart attitude", we shall be blessed

4) God don't need our puny pittance, He owns all the cattle on a thousand hills and all the gold and silver under them

5) If I am not directed to give to a particular church or other worthy donation, God will supply what they need, that is NOT my worry, but that is not to say we should close our ears to the Holy Spirit when HE SAYS "GIVE". We should give plentifully and cheerfully

6) Giving as was tithing is a matter of learning discipline as well as being a "faith builder". It is not the thinking of the world that by "giving" you will have "more", but that is the way of the Kingdom of God. As we step out on FAITH and give a "little", and we see: "Hey I can afford that and it please me to give it." THEN we will take a great step of faith and give even more. Many people have been known to give 90% and live very happily and comfortably on the remaining 10%. This is probably a goal worth shooting for because we are told:

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow.

2 Thessalonians 3

Here the writer says that he had the right to expect that the community would support him while he was evangelizing them. This is Biblical support for the teaching that we have an obligation to support priests, ministers of God, IMO.

Also, there's this:

Don

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

We might also add:

1 Timothy 5:17-18 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. 18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

What is being taught today is basically a way to make some very wealthy at the expense of those that are seeking help. They represent giving as a means of investing in order to make money. Giving should be out of the abundance of the heart and not out of obligation.

" 2Cor:9:7: Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."

Rick

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you for that gross generalization... :rofl: