AmariYah

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I can't help but wonder if some of you even bothered to read the posts in this thread? Or do you simply not agree with the assessment that IT IS QUITE IMPOSSIBLE TO PRACTICE TITHING ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE UNLESS YOU ARE GIVING ON THE INCREASE OF THE PRODUCE OF YOUR FLOCKS AND FIELDS AND BRINGING IT ONLY TO THE LEVITES AT THE STOREHOUSE IN THE TEMPLE! Perhaps if you want to change the words and the context of the actual scriptures then you could try to justify a new doctrine called "tithing" but it still would not conform to what is clearly taught about tithing in the Holy Bible. You cannot simply change the Biblical meaning of tithes- which was a tenth of the INCREASE of flocks and fields/ to now mean 10% of all money earned. Nor can you change the Levites and substitute them for preachers and pastors, Nor can you substitute the church organization or building for the Temple or the storehouse... That would be a careless and inaccurate use of the Holy Scriptures which pattern of thinking would allow someone to make the Bible say just about anything they desired!

Malachi 3:8-10 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

#1. The whole book of Malachi was written primarily to the priests and sons of Jacob who were not tithing or giving on the portion that they received. (God is speaking to the priests!)

#2 A born again Christian who is washed in the blood of Yeshua simply cannot be cursed- since, "He became a curse for us" unless we put our selves under a false teaching. Jesus our Lord paid the full price!

#3 God's house at that time was the Temple which had an actual storehouse for real food-stuffs including meat! There is no Temple now except the actual body of each believer, and therefore no strorehouse to bring the tithes and offerings!

#4 God has already opened up the windows of heaven and poured out such a great blessing- The infinte love of Christ Jesus, i.e. the undeserved kindness and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ!!!, that there shall not be room enough to receive it! This my frined is a free gift from God AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO EARN IT- NO AMOUNT OF GIVING OR SACRIFICE OR MODERN "TITHING" WILL BRING ANY GREATER BLESSING THAN JESUS HAS ALREADY PROVIDED!

If any of you believe that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ was sufficient for your salvation- enough for your healing and deliverance yet just not quite enough for your provision and prosperity- then you have either been lied to or have simply not read your Bible! There is nothing you can do to earn more of God's favor. Did you ever hear the scripture verse; "he became poor that you might be rich" ? Jesus paid the full price and even became poor and destitute that you might have abundant provision and blessing from God.

How Can I Not give Back to what is His in The First place?

Well not all of the teaching in our modern churches is in error- Praise God for that! There is simply no way that we can out give God! The New Testament is quite clear about how we as Christians living under the new and better Covenant are to give. We are to give cheerfully, and generously- we are to give freely as we purpose in our own hearts and not under compulsion. And just as if we were farmers- when we sow sparingly we will reap a smaller harvest- BUT WE ARE STILL BLESSED AND NOT CURSED! & when we sow abundantly then we will accordingly reap an abundant harvest- YET WE ARE NO MORE BLESSED OR CURSED THAN OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO SOWED LESS SEED THAN WE DID, except that we may perhaps have more $$$ than they do- assuming that we sowed $$$.!

If we believe and promote these false doctrines then we are saying that Jesus Christ did not pay the full price. We are saying that His precious blood was not enough and although he provided for our salvation/ deliverance/ healing/ & peace... Nevertheless we must still exercise certain WORKS i.e. "tithing" to lay hold of the blessings of the Father and at the same time to avoid His terrible curse! May I just say this quite plainly- THAT IS A FALSE AND DAMNABLE TEACHING AND IS A DOCTRINE OF MAN AND NOT OF GOD.

Your brother in Christ Jesus ~ The All Sufficient One! Amariah :o

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I have read all of these posts with great interest. Maybe we're just quarreling over words here.

Is there anyone in here who doesn't think they should give generously to their church? :o

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I think all Believers welcome the opportunity and blessing to support their local Church community...it is just that much of the current doctrine on tithing taught in the Church is not really applicable and is confusing and dishonouring to G-d because it is a work of man. It is more than just using a different name for the same thing...it actually is unbiblical in its current context and should be exposed as such and changed...I mean why try to put new wine into old wineskins...

It is time for many churches to reassess what they teach on tithing...and not go with the flow but rather with the word of G-d...which has been the whole thrust of this thread...and why it is frustrating when people wheel out the tired old chapter 3 of Malachi...when this was debunked sufficiently early on in this thread.

I think many are content to leave the tithing issue alone because it doesn't seem important...but so much of what Jesus taught revolved around good stewardship...and if we are propping up a biblical myth we need to acknowledge it and come in line with the New Covenant guidelines for giving....anyway that is how I see it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Greetings!

I believe that Malachi was talking to the Jews in regards to tithing.

As a Christian I believe in giving. I am a widow and I am on a fix income.

I know it says to help widows in the Bible. However, no one is knocking on my door. So I help people who are lest fortune then me.

Actually, I have neighbours who come to me to borrow money. The strange thing here, is they make twice the amount I do per month.

Some Pastors teach tithing and other Pastors teach giving.

You do what you have to do and leave the rest to Jesus.

I am amazed, at how I make it thru the month. :)

Snowdoove

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Very good point Snowdoove! Most of the churches that teach "tithing" somehow manage to leave out the part of providing for the widows, orphans, homeless and poor amongst us. All of these things were part of what the Biblical tithes which were brought to the Storehouse were actually used for! Interseting how modern believers simply pick and choose which parts of the Bible they want to make a doctrine out of and which parts of the very same teaching that they want to ignore.

:t:

Edited by AmariYah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If tithing is an unscriptural and obligatory requirement being placed on God's people, then God is already being robbed.

" Mt:25:40: And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Rick

Most of the churches that teach "tithing" somehow manage to leave out the part of providing for the widows, orphans, homeless and poor amongst us.

Again, that's a separate subject from "tithing", or whatever you want to call it. :P

. I am wondering what do you do with Malachi

actually that is written to the priests who were keeping the tithes the people brought in....

They were keeping for themselves what the congregation had given to the Lord

anyone see a parellel to "some" of today's televangelists??? :x:

But here is a quote from Jesus on the subject from Matthew 23:23

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others

anyone see a parellel to "some" of today's Televangelists??? :x:

:P

Yup.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Snowdoove...

I know it says to help widows in the Bible. However, no one is knocking on my door. So I help people who are lest fortune then me.

I know this is another issue..but as it has been brought up it is worth a mention...I believe if our local Church groups operated according to the 1st Century Church example then the widows and orphans (amongst many others) would be a priority for those in oversight to make sure they were looked after. Some groups do this...probably too few to mention...we should all do it. I like your attitude Snowdoove...you don't sound bitter but just get on with trying to do your best....may G-d bless you and provide for all your needs according to His riches and may the Spirit of Mercy and Grace so fill your innermost being that the love of Jesus flows from you to all you come in contact with. :hug: