five

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a newer writing concerning the the old 'drunk in the spirit' teaching from years ago...

Is the ‘drunk in the spirit’ manifestation of God?

Does the “drunk in the spirit” manifestation by “holy ghost bartenders” come from God? No! This manmade teaching is based on the word of mockers in Acts chapter 2.

Act 2:13 KJV - Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Act 2:13 AMP - But others made a joke of it and derisively said, They are simply drunk and full of sweet [intoxicating] wine.

The word ‘derisively’ means irreverently, contemptuously, cynically, mockingly.

The Bible never says they were acting drunk on the day of Pentecost, it says they were being mocked (by cynical accusers). The “drunk in the spirit” teaching is based on what 'mockers' said. The word of mockers is not truth that stems from God! You can’t base doctrine on it.

Scripturally, spiritual drunkenness is actually part of the curse.

Isaiah 29:9-10 KJV - they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. (10) For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.

Job 12:24-25 WEB - He takes away understanding from the chiefs of the people of the earth, and causes them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way. (25) They grope in the dark without light. He makes them stagger like a drunken man.

In the Garden of Eden Satan presented a twist of God’s Word and it produced a curse. In like manner “drunk in the spirit” is a twist of scripture and a curse. It’s amazing how Satan packaged a curse to look like doctrine to deceive and gain advantage in the church.

Furthermore, scripture repeatedly commands believers to be sober and sober minded. The Holy Spirit who is the origin of scripture will never contradict Himself from scripture to scripture. In addition, 1Corinthians 6:9 tells us that drunkards do not inherit the kingdom of God.As part of this study, scripture refers to a self-induced wearied state resulting from distress and sorrow (not from of the Holy Spirit) that’s compared to drunkenness. It is God who brings one ‘out of’ this state.

1Sa 1:13-15 KJV Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. (14) And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee. (15) And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

Jeremiah 23:9 KJV Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness.

Psa 107:26-28 KJV They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble. (27) They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end. (28) Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.

Edited by five