• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

Wasn't talking about mutation! I was just giving a smart-aleck response...it's part of natural selection though, isn't it? I mean, of the birds who fed off of bugs etc in trees, the ones with longer, stronger beaks would survive.

Or maybe I'm way off. In any case...

Guest shadow2b
-WHilst I respect Hawking as a scientist, I don't think much of him as a philosopher - I think he has made basic philosophical errors in assessing whether the universe is teleologically based on the goal of life. However, this has again nothing to do with whether or not evolution occured. If you want an argument about so called "fine-tuning" philosophy, then start a thread on it.

-Hello--Sir---Since this is just a Personal statement With absolutely NO evidence to

-substantiate such & you offer only "Your-Personal-Opinion"why??should anyone take your personal-Opinion as any basis for a "scientific"discussion on "Life-origins"??--You "respect" Mr Hawking as a scientist yet denounce his"philosophical"

-mind-bent----Kinda seems like an oxymoron doesn't it??-Would it be asking too much to ask for "Some"type" of credible-scientific-Studies-with conclusive-evidence

-to substantiate your -"Personal-Opinions"??--Thank you most kindly----

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/13/1982

Not to much, AC. But I do know that the woodpecker speices haft to have several qualities in order to survive, and that they haft to have them at the same time as well. I was just wondering if you knew how they would evolve.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

GeorgesBlueGirl

it's part of natural selection though, isn't it? I mean, of the birds who fed off of bugs etc in trees, the ones with longer, stronger beaks would survive.

That's more like it - in your last post you made it sound as if the birds wanted longer or stronger beaks, so they got them.

Shadow2b,

Since the Hawkins quote was just that, a quote, an opinion without backing, evidence or argument to back it up - I can hardly be expected to give an in depth refutation, can I?

JC

I'm afraid I don't know anything about woodpecker evolution - I know scarce ammounts about woodpeckers at all, other than what I've seen in woody woodpecker cartoons :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I'm afraid I don't know anything about woodpecker evolution - I know scarce ammounts about woodpeckers at all, other than what I've seen in woody woodpecker cartoons

HE DID IT!!!!! :t2:;):t2:

SA made a funny!!!

I knew you had it in you, friend!!! :t2:

Keep them coming!

t.