Why It’s Time for the Tea Party

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,389
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

This fact marks our political age: The pendulum is swinging faster and in shorter arcs than it ever has in our lifetimes. Few foresaw the earthquake of 2008 in 2006. No board-certified political professional predicted, on Election Day 2008, what happened in 2009-10 (New Jersey, Virginia and Massachusetts) and has been happening, and will happen, since then. It all moves so quickly now, it all turns on a dime.

But at this moment we are witnessing a shift that will likely have some enduring political impact. Another way of saying that: The past few years, a lot of people in politics have wondered about the possibility of a third party. Would it be possible to organize one? While they were wondering, a virtual third party was being born. And nobody organized it.

…read more

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I heard that the Republican party got started that way as well - an unorganized grass movement of sorts.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I heard that the Republican party got started that way as well - an unorganized grass movement of sorts.

The Tea Party is the far right wing of the Republican Party. It is currently heavily influenced and funded by the Koch Brothers and their PAC's, such as Americans for Prosperity. These same people also have involvement in the lobbying organization ALEC, which stands for the American Legislative Exchange Council, which definitely would be a worthwhile Google search if you're not familiar with it.

It is very much the right wing of the Republican Party - they do not ever caucus with Democrats in Congress! In no way could this ever be considered to be a 3rd party.

Edited by Assured

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The Tea Party is the far right wing of the Republican Party. It is currently heavily influenced and funded by the Koch Brothers and their PAC's, such as Americans for Prosperity. These same people also have involvement in the lobbying organization ALEC, which stands for the American Legislative Exchange Council, which definitely would be a worthwhile Google search if you're not familiar with it.

It is very much the right wing of the Republican Party - they do not ever caucus with Democrats in Congress! In no way could this ever be considered to be a 3rd party.

And why would you expect a right wing movement to caucus with the left wing Democrats? No one expects that nor should anyone be upset because it doesn't happen.

By the way nice to see you over here.

And why would you expect a right wing movement to caucus with the left wing Democrats? No one expects that nor should anyone be upset because it doesn't happen.

Thank you! Good to see you, too.

Yes, we agree that the Tea Party isn't a 3rd party, but the far right wing of the Republican Party.

Edited by Assured

Thank you! Good to see you, too.

Yes, we agree that the Tea Party isn't a 3rd party, but the far right wing of the Republican Party.

Yes the Tea Party is the only ones keeping the RINOS in check. They only seem far right because the Republican have moved to the left since Reagan.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/24/1959

You are incorrect as disgruntled Democrats were instrumental in founding of the TEA party. What you are putting forth here is left wing propaganda designed to undermine the truth and validity of the TEA party. Looks like you bought the leftist line. There are still democrats that belong to the TEA party as well and republican members, and they are far from all being the "far right wing" of anything. You are misinformed to say the least.

On another note a commentator yesterday said of the "demonstrators" that are currently lost and clueless, that they are blood suckers, mindless, and irritating, welcome to the flea party. I thought that was an accurate summation and worth sharing.

You are incorrect as disgruntled Democrats were instrumental in founding of the TEA party. What you are putting forth here is left wing propaganda designed to undermine the truth and validity of the TEA party. Looks like you bought the leftist line. There are still democrats that belong to the TEA party as well and republican members, and they are far from all being the "far right wing" of anything. You are misinformed to say the least.

On another note a commentator yesterday said of the "demonstrators" that are currently lost and clueless, that they are blood suckers, mindless, and irritating, welcome to the flea party. I thought that was an accurate summation and worth sharing.

Huh? For your information (sue244 knows this - hi sue!) I voted Republican from Reagan to "W." "W" was the last Republican I have voted for, however, so I am a disgruntled Republican. IMO the Republicans were moderate until Newt Gingrich pulled his stunts in the House. I am a moderate and view the rightward shift of the Republican Party with alarm. And I call them "the far right wing" precisely because they do not caucus with Democrats -- that's not a "leftist line" -- that is a fact that you have just admitted yourself.

Edited by Assured

Yes I will admit that Assured has told me that she voted a Republican, although, I think she knows this, I don't consider her a moderate espcially given the websites she likes to post from, they are all extream left wing blogs. I'm still not sure why she shifted radically to the left. Nor am I sure what stunt she is refering to with Newt. I was not old enought to vote back then and had yet to develope my insterest in politics.

Two

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Choices

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Two

And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? Matthew 12:26

Kingdoms

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Matthew 12:28

One Faith

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:4-6

And One Brotherhood (Sisterhood)

For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. Ephesians 4:12-16

_________

______

___

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe