IGNORED

sister-in-law is friends with husband's ex

Thanks Ladies. Do you think I'm overreacting? I have a tendency to do that.

Prehaps They Need Each Other? You Got The Guy.... Let Them Eat Cake!

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you,

live peaceably with all men. Romans 12:18

Praying God Will Keep His Peace Within Your Heart

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

In Jesus' Name

Amen!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

My sister in law has always been best friends with my husbands childhood sweetheart...and my husband is still great friends with her brothers and visits her parents at least a couple times a year. My husband chose to marry me...and I am confidant that he simply loves me and that is that. We often run into her and her family and even visit at times. She is also invited to many of my husbands family functions.

I don't have any problem with that whatsoever...and you know what they say...sometimes the best thing you can do is befriend the enemy...LOL! That way she might actually like you enough to never want to overstep any boundries...

I am not saying to be close friends, that could be asking for trouble, but be friendly and realize that YOU are the one your husband loves.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

I had a similar situation happen between a lady and a very close friend. I used to share an apartment with the lady and she had so many issues that we eventually parted ways and it was not at all good.

Now my very close friend, who owns a construction company, had to work with her because the lady's boss was her client. Being from the same church, they somehow became friends. My friend asked me if it was alright for her to be friends with the lady. I told her I didn't have any problems with that because whatever happened between me and the lady had nothing to do with her. I told her it didn't mean that just because I had issues with her, it would be the same for my friend. So it was really her choice. BUT, I made it very clear what my stand about this lady was. Eventually, my close friend chose to stay away from the lady as well because she had issues with her too.

Another close friend of mine has a husband whose ex-gf comes to visit them every now and again because the husband helps her with her non-profit organization involving women abuse or something like that. The ex is not married but is in a relationship. I asked my friend if it didn't affect her in any way, and she said no. She knows her husband and she trusts him and that it was her that he married. And then, she adds jokingly that it's his loss anyway if he ever cheats on her. :)

I guess it's important to be secure in yourself.

Blessings...South

Guest pammie

My husband dated this girl back in high school and they were pretty serious. Just recently my sister-in-law added this girl as a friend on facebook. And I found out that this weekend she drove to meet and hang out with her. How would you react? I'm feeling very hurt by this. I mean, how would she react if I befriended her exboyfriend?

Ignore their connection - unless she brings this person into your home or to a family function where you and your husband will be present. But if I were you, I woudl minimize contact with the sister-in-law. She doesn't seem to care about your feelings.