• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Because Jesus wasn't selfish.

Getting married is selfish? :o

Yes Steve, marriage is VERY selfish. I implore EVERY believer to stay single. It's a SIN!

:suspect: Me thinks I smell sarcasm ;):P:D

me HOPES i smell sarasm! :P

Me too since I'm married and have been to the same woman for 12 years now ;)

Steve, I'm just messing with you because you have a penchant for distorting what was said. Like taking one fragment of a sentence and twisting it to mean something totally different ( as in this case )....now you know that's not what I meant!

Your's in Christ,

Bob

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

It says that Jesus is married to the church, to us...so...why is this debate even 3 pages long?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/08/1954

I believe, like others do here, that if Jesus had been married, it would of been stated as so in the Bible.........The church is the bride of Christ, and He has gone to prepare a place for His bride.........

Rev 19:7 Let us rejoice and be exceeding glad, and let us give the glory unto him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 And it was given unto her that she should array herself in fine linen, bright and pure: for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they that are bidden to the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are true words of God.

Guest kitkat
Because Jesus wasn't selfish.

Getting married is selfish? :cool:

Yes Steve, marriage is VERY selfish. I implore EVERY believer to stay single. It's a SIN!

LOL. Now you know that's not true Bob. :t2:

Guest shiloh357
Secondly, if Jesus were married, He would have left behind a wife and child to fend for themselves or live off of someone elses charity.  Thirdly, Jesus would have broken the heart of His wife and child by leaving the earth.

...Ya, it's a good thing that never happens to martyrs. :cool:

That is ridiculous logic. It is one thing to be a martyr when it was not your intention to be such.

It is another thing altogether for Jesus who knew his future to marry someone knowing full well that he was going to break her heart. It would be the ultimate act of cruelty to marry someone with the knowledge of the future He would have had. In fact, once is wife would have realized that He knew the future and knew that He would break her heart, and still opted to marry, she would justifiably resent that. Of course, for Jesus to break someone's heart in that fashion would be a sin, so he could not have been the spotless sacrifice.

Anyone who believes Jesus was married is adding to the Word of God, and that is expressly forbidden by Scripture. Anyone who doesn't have a problem with Jesus being married has not thought it through when it comes to adding or taking away from the Scriptures.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

That is ridiculous logic. It is one thing to be a martyr when it was not your intention to be such.

Lots of married missionaries go into the exotic countries and war zones, knowing full well that they could be killed any day. It's a risk they, and their families, willingly take.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

:o This is how heresy is started....adding to the word.

My point exactly.

The Bible does not say either way. Therefore, it's silly to speak about the subject with dogmatic certainty.

Guest shadow2b

-Sorry ta disagree with ya Steve Brother of mine But the following Scriptures Do state that JESUS WAS NOT married-----Sorry Bro. just can't arggy-fyi with Scripture now kinn ya??- :o --YA Know Stevie--Baby--you Silly- :o Brother of mine

I'm gettin real fond of aggravatin you--AS a matter of Fact----I'M aGettin right Fond of you too-- :hug: :hug: :D --WE ALL need ta lighten up a mite ever-now-&----then---Don't ya think??- :oww: :o :il: -SO Remember this lill-ole-admonition the next time You See ME gettin into a mite of a heated dis-cussion wit sumbuody will yas??

-ISAIAH.53.vss.1.Thru.8-------

-Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Guest shadow2b
-Trying to keep this non-controversial because I can't post on it if it gets moved...but what do you think? The Bible never says that Jesus wasn't married. People seem to be afraid of that idea though. What do you have to say?

-Ohhhh??-Sorry ta DIS-Agree wit ya gbg--BUT the WORD OF GOD DOES STATE QUITE CLEARLY JESUS WAS NOT MARRIED-- ISAIAH.53.vss.1.Thru.8------

-Read my Reply to my Brother Steve Hut--

- Sooooo, gbg--Before you go around making ubfounded statements about GOD'S WORD OR GOD'S SON YOU mite oughtta do a Bit mo readin of GOD'S WORD so you will know a little bit Mo of what you're talkin about---Otherwise you just show how little you do know---& That could lead to embarrassing moments in yo lill-ole erroneous statements & Lack of Knowledge where GOD'S WORD IS Concerned--

-Nice try but NO-Cigar---gbg---Try some other book you know a mite mo about & teach us from that one--okey-dokey?? :D:o:o :x: :x: ;):o:o:P

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Hmm,.... very hard to believe that the Holy Bible would have left out such an important detail as the marriage of Christ during His ministry on Earth. :o