Snowdoove

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

Hello follower.....I suppose after rereading my post that commandments would have been a better word.

Love and Blessings

Angel H.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Did G-d write the Bible so everyone could read it differently.

No. The problem is that people tend to pick and choose what they believe. Others grab one verse and dont take into consideration the context that it was taken out of or dont balance it with other parts of the Bible dealing with the same subject. I think the vast majority of Christendom can agree on the essentials. Subjects like endtimes prophecy etc. are delibrately made vague. We cant possibly understand God, and certain parts of his revealed nature (I.e Trinity) and instead of just realizing that and leaving it be people try to make God conform to their understanding.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Context, context, context....

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

How does something so simple get clouded in mystery? Man's desire to use it in such ways for his advantage.

Create a doubt and you too can use it to keep someones attention. Satan uses the Bible in many ways. Someone explained it to me like this one day;

Give a child some candy and he forgets in the next moment but hold it hidden in your hand for a while and you will have his undivided attention.

So the Word has been twisted and turned by many different groups throughout history.

What's the answer?

Read your Bible and ask God for direction.

Simple.

t.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think okiejack's statement, "It is what is contained in our heart that dictates how we interpret the Bible."...

...hits the nail squarely on the head.  To the degree our heart is corrupt (and all hearts are corrupt concerning spiritual things) is the degree to which we refuse to "hear" the truth of the Bible.  It's man's heart that corrupts truth, it's not that God's truth "says" something different to each person.  Truth is truth -- interpretation is virtually always a mixture of truth with the corruption of error mixed in.  When we're 'finished' we'll all be on the same page about what truth truly says, I think..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Yod,

I think that is a cool insight.  Maybe the Bible was written the way it was to separate the true seekers from those who would be carried by any wind of doctrine.  The answers are there but not spoon fed.

- Steve

Guest suzie

The Bible is the Word of God. He has revealed His very nature and love to us through these books.  The principles, attitude and answers are within these Scriptures in the way we are to conduct our lives, and live out our Christian walk. If God spelled out all the answers then we wouldnt really need to seek Him and the discernment of the Holy Spirit would we?

The Pharisees thought they had the "truth" and lived the letter of the law. They took God's Law and truth and twisted it to meet their own purpose.  I think we all have witness to that on these very boards.  God knows our motives and our hearts and the Holy Spirit will draw us to God's will and purpose through His Word and His truth.  When people speak the "truth" it should always be in harmony with God's Word and His message. No one, not one of us, has the divine insight to the knowledge of all of God.