IGNORED

Canon

Chazn

Guest astralis

Peter alone was promised something: "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 16:19). In ancient times, keys were the hallmark of authority. A walled city might have one great gate; and that gate had one great lock, worked by one great key. To be given the key to the city

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

:shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:  :noidea:  :angel:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I must confess, I have never had a burden for debating RCs on these "side issues" for fear of getting bogged down.  Nevertheless, I've been reading through much of your debate and have found it somewhat educational.  I will grant you that.  

[Quote  

You must have been very tired because your answers are all wrong! ]

Astralis, I have to admit I thoroughly disagree with you.  As you're reply to Racer indicates, you would argue that Peter was NOT a great man. Personally I don't see how you could be MORE wrong.  :brightidea:  :shocked:  :rofl:  :rofl:

What amuses me the most, however, is that this thread started as an attempt to discuss the origins and criterion for determining what is canonical.  :read:  :exclaimation:

With all due respecet, it seems that some people have a VERRRRY "high horse" on which that they like to climb.  :inlove:

Guest astralis

Chazn,

What's the point of your last post?

Many questions will boil down to authority so a discussion on canon can easily boil down to "what's your authority for that?".

About Peter, he became a great man - he wasn't always great.  You'll see that this is what I said in my previous posts and Racer, in essence, said the same thing.

About the canon, I still don't know why Protestants accept a Bible that was edited during the Reformation when the Apostles and Early Christians used the Deuterocanonicals and I don't think this has been addressed yet.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Get a little excited there Astralis?    :brightidea:   :exclaimation:

Guest racer

munari,

Get a little excited there Astralis?

:shocked:  :shocked:  :exclaimation:  :shocked:  :shocked:  :brightidea:

Really, we heard ya the first time, jiminy? :shocked:  :shocked:

Guest racer

Astralis,

About the canon, I still don't know why Protestants accept a Bible that was edited during the Reformation when the Apostles and Early Christians used the Deuterocanonicals and I don't think this has been addressed yet.

Actually, I can't speak for Protestants or Reformed Christians. :exclaimation:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I have asked you to show me where Jesus, the Apostles, or any NT writer cites or quotes from the Deuteros, and you have yet to do that.

Astralis also gave you a list of books from the OT that were not quoted in the NT. So... if you can show me where in the NT those books are quoted, I will show you where the Deuteros are quoted...

When did it become a requirement for OT scripture to have to be quoted in the NT in order for it to be scripture?

Here's a good link on the Apocrypha:

http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ110.HTM

Guest racer

munari,

Guess I missed that post from Astralis.  ???  Could you direct me to the page those text were posted on?  Please? :inlove: