Chazn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think it was on this forum... I tried to find it, but I can't remember where he posted it... hopefully he remembers and will post again or direct us to it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest astralis
the original Hebrew Text (Oracles of God), which was entrusted to the Jews, did not contain the Deuterocanonicals.

I thought I replied to this.

Guest racer

munari,

Astralis also gave you a list of books from the OT that were not quoted in the NT. So... if you can show me where in the NT those books are quoted, I will show you where the Deuteros are quoted...

If you can show me where the deuteros are quoted in Scripture, and are not familiar, yourself, with the texts that Astralis claims are not quoted in the NT, why not just do that?  :exclaimation:  Then, once again I will have to say, "I was wr-wr-wr-wro-wrong."  Wouldn't you love to hear that? :brightidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Are you saying you've never heard of the Masoretic Text, or are you denying it's existence?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I've done alot of reading during the last year+!

:exclaimation:

Me too! I've done a lot of reading the last couple of years, starting with Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.

Have you read "Final Authority" by Dr. William P. Grady? It's an extensively/exhaustively researched reference work that is not beyond the reading abilities of some of us... :brightidea:

I've also 'dipped' into works by Rice, Schaeffer, Riplinger, Strobel and Ruckman. I don't agree with all I've read, but I've found that it has helped me to understand better the origins and the doctrine of my faith.

Reading the message boards has been 'interesting' as well...

:shocked:

Keep posting, all! Some of us are really enjoying the exchanges.

heremi

(who is also reading through the Bible again)

Guest astralis
I think the most controlling RCC doctrine, that has such a hold on you, is that the belief in the doctrine that the laity are incapable of accurately discerning Scripture.  

I think 33,000 Protestant Denominations are enough to explain this.