• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

You see, the disciples of Jesus were not EYE-witnessess or EAR-witnesses to the actual happenings of the previous three days, as vouched for by St.Mark who says that at the most critical juncture in

the life of Jesus, "they all forsook him and fled." (Mark 14:50).

This was at Jesus' betrayal and arrest at Gethsemane. John was standing right there at the foot of the cross with Mary.

And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe       John 19:35

The historical evidence for Jesus (Yeshua)

of Nazareth and his death by crucifixion

Non-Christian sources for Jesus

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

>>My aim is not to discredit Jesus rather like I said before Jesus spoke the truth. The Bible writers did not. As we can see Jesus said one thing but what was recorded is another. I will explain my reasoning.<<

OK, why does this person quote from the Bible to prove his point, but discredit those who 'wrote' it?

How does he know what Jesus said if he discredits those who 'wrote' the Bible and therefore the 'words' of Jesus?

:)

Circular reasoning...??

If what is in the Bible is accurate, then we have to accept what Jesus said, which included his claims of deity and his own prophecies of his death and resurrection:

Matthew 12:8, 40; 16:15-19; 17:9, 22, 23; 19:28; 20:18, 19; 20:28; 23:34; 24:30, 31; 26:2, 12, 32, 64

Of course, that's just from Matthew...

>>Please produce your proof if are speaking the truth. Have a look at what the more respected men of Christianity have to say about there own faith.

"More than half of England's Anglican Bishops say that Christians are not obliged to believe that Jesus Christ was God, according to a survey published today. The pole of 31 of England's 39 bishops shows that many of them think that Christ's miracles, the virgin birth and the resurrection might not have happened exactly as described in the Bible".<<

Acts 10:34

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"

2Corinthians 11:13

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."

Galatians 1:7, 8

"Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

Colossians 2:8

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."

I don't accept the ideas/words of men, just the word of God. The pharisees were 'respected' men at the time of Jesus' ministry. (see also Matthew 5:19, 20; 23; Luke 11:39-52; 12:1a-2; 16:15; 18:10-14; 20:46, 47...just to name a few)

hereami

1Timothy 1:4

"Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:) Faith is the key you are missing.. Without it you will constantly refuse to understand. Human reasoning will never get it!  I will pray for you in this reguard.

Read 1 Cor.1:24-31.

Pray for a measure of faith, for the blinders to be removed  with out your presupposed ideas and the Lord WILL OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

You have to desire the truth...

In Christ, Karen :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your time investment that it took to reply and answer these absurd attempts to discredit the Word.

Guest GloryaRose

If your muslim friend saw a person walking through a closed door or a wall...his reaction would most likely be the same as the disciple's reaction was when Jesus did...

he would probably think he saw a ghost...an apparition...a spirit...a spook...or maybe even a demon !

....he might even be afraid of it.

I think that the shock of seeing that would lend some perspective...dont you ?

The disciples had known that Jesus had died.

To see him walking through the closed door or the wall was not a natural occurance...just as to see him walking on water was not a natural occurrance either,,, and they responded with fear then too...and Jesus comforted them then too.

The natural response to unnatural occurances is fear.

The disciple's response does not indicate anything other than that.