Catsmeow

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am a non-denominational Christian who HAD been teaching the word of our Lord to a family friend.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I wouldn't say this was blasphemy of the Holy Spirit at all... just  ignorance. She's been hog-tied by a bunch of cultists who've blinded her to the truth.

Look, there's plenty of people who've come out of cults where they were led astray and taught false doctrine but later got out of that mess. The fact that she's church hopping suggests that she's  "searching" for answers.

I suspect she doesn't know "what" to believe by now. She has transient opinions which fade with passing whims like a periodic breeze but has no grounding in the truth.

My personal belief is that "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" amounts to "lying" to God. Simple. *(Check out Annais and Saphira). Lying to God is a very foolish thing.  

She needs a lot of prayer support to free her from the bondage of past heretical teachings.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Gary:  :thumb:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Sounds like she is not grounded in the basic tenants of the Faith.

She needs to be reminded that if Jesus had no power over death. Then how was Lazurus raised as well as many others? If he was not ressurected?How did old doubting Thomas feel his wounds, if he was a ghost?

I would further ask her about other tenants of the Faith such as the Virgin Birth.

Why the Cross?

What of the Old Testament Scriptures pointing to his Death and Ressurection?

How will her own Works (filthy rags) deliver her if there is no victory over Death?

Again I would determine if she is grounded in the Faith. Then if not I would try to show her the error in her logic. Only when the Holy Spirit convicts her of her unbelief will she be able to see the truth.

:thumb:

Peace :inlove: Amen

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

Dr. Luke says:

Only when the Holy Spirit convicts her of her unbelief will she be able to see the truth.

I agree with what Dr. Luke says.

Let me tell you a short story. A few years ago my wife and I visited a young man who had visited our church. He was wandering and trying to find a place for himself in the body of Christ, but he wasn't very mature. He had graduated from some Bible college and was thinking of pastorship.

Well, I am a thinker and a talker and my wife is a doer. But she generally won't do anything unless directed by the Holy Spirit.

The young man and I chatted for several minutes, mainly theological stuff, and I saw I was not really getting to the heart of the matter.

Then my wife finally spoke up. She spoke perhaps 20 words, a couple sentences, but MAN! you ought to have seen the effect it had on this young guy. It was like God had delivered a blow - right to his heart. All of a sudden he started stammering and stuttering and you could tell immediately he had been running from what the Lord wanted of him, which was mainly to get to know Christ and Him crucified.

I won't forget that day. It taught me a valuable lesson. All the Words and theology I could muster doesn't hold a candlestick to what the Holy Spirit can do to the heart in one moment.

Today, I think too many people either run ahead of or lag behind the moving of the Holy Spirit. We may be theologically sound, but ONLY the Holy Spirit can make the change to someone's heart. All we can do is be prayed up, have the Word of God stowed in our hearts, and be prepared to GO when the Lord says to Go. The rest is up to the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

She needs to find a solid bible-teaching church that is grounded in the Truth. Praise God that He is using you to reach out to her and pray for His wisdom and knowledge to come upon you that His words will flow through you adn that His light will shine so brightly she will not be able to resist Him.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Sounds like your friend is an intellectual.

Dad Ernie

That was one of the best posts I have ever read. It was short simple and absolutely correct. I think often times when we get off on a theological intellectual bent we forget who truly is in charge. I've had to learn this lesson the hard way with raising five children. All head knowledge I had passed on to them couldn't save them from making their own dumb mistakes and all my trying to tell them what scripture says at the time just didn't seem to infiltrate their brains. But God has his own timing for his own reasons and two of them have come around in their adult lives and I got to be humbled in the process because it wasn't me that woke them up.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou