• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/31/1964

I have this friend who wants me to hang out with him, but I really don't want to. We used to be great friends years ago, but things have changed between us. I don't have any respect for the guy. He is a doormat and let's people use and walk all over him. He can't make up his mind about anything and is always asking me to make his decisions for him. He does this with everyone else too. He has a tendency to ramble on about things and I don't understand what he's trying to tell me most of the time. He has a hard time getting to the point of any conversation and I am usually left clueless about what he is talking about most of the time. He married this woman who I don't like that much and I didn't approve of the union, but didn't say anything to him about it at the time. She is all wrong for him. He deserves better than her. He is a great guy in many ways though. He is EXTREMELY generous and gives without thinking about getting anything back. He is a true friend in many respects, but there is just something about him that makes me angry. I feel that I have outgrown him. Now he wants to get together for lunch, but I don't want to. I feel like if I do then I am a hypocrate and going through the motions cause I don't care to go. But if I don't go than I feel guilty somehow, like I am not being a good friend to him.

What should I do?

God bless.....

Edited by footsteps

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Seek God's council in this situation. It is very important. Your friend needs prayers and encouragement. Father I pray for the friend of footsteps that You father deliver him from confusion and anything that stand in the way of knowing You and repentance. Let Your hand be upon him and his family and Your mercy and grace. ( You mention his wife. He is married and NOW IT IS GOD

I guess my problem must have really stumped a lot of people. :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/22/1983

i would say go to lunch with him.

maybe he realizes that people are only his friends because he lets them walk over him. maybe he feels that you can be a true friend.

i agree that you should super pray about it. ask God to let you see this guy through His eyes.

i would say go to lunch with him.

maybe he realizes that people are only his friends because he lets them walk over him. maybe he feels that you can be a true friend.

i agree that you should super pray about it. ask God to let you see this guy through His eyes.

Thank you for the advice pamjane. It is greatly appreciated. :wub:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear footsteps,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

I don't have any respect for the guy. He is a doormat and let's people use and walk all over him. He can't make up his mind about anything and is always asking me to make his decisions for him. He does this with everyone else too. He has a tendency to ramble on about things and I don't understand what he's trying to tell me most of the time. He has a hard time getting to the point of any conversation and I am usually left clueless about what he is talking about most of the time

It seems you do not respect this man, yet you imply that you know what is best for him and his choice of wife.

You claim to have outgrown this man, and yet you go out to lunch with him and then feel hypocritical.

We all have the right to choose our friends, and mates. He has exercised his right, and you seem to want an excuse to exercise yours.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog