Press Forward

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Does anybody remember that movie?....this time at worthy boards a 9 year old child is on the stand for things that happened to him as a 4 year old..defending he went to heaven and visited Jesus....it seems like the rest of the cast is still in place.

Comments from Dr Isaac Dix Winston,

I have no way of knowing. However, of one thing I am fairly certain, Colton Burpo never visited or had a vision of Heaven. If he had, there would not be so

many blatant errors, discrepancies, and plain silliness.

There is no other conclusion one can logically and Biblically come to upon reading "Heaven is for Real." Colton never left this earth!

First, surely if Jesus took the time to assign work for Colton to do, why would He not ask him to memorize a Gospel presentation that he could take back to

earth with him.

Surely this same Jesus (Heb. 13:8) would have given Colton a Gospel message.

I could buy their book online, but not know how to receive the Free Gift of Salvation that our Lord bought for us. This is quite frankly shameful, shocking,

and reprehensible.

There are over one-million copies in print of this book. This means that the Burpo'ssquandered over one-million opportunities to present the Gospel. I would

not want to stand before the nail scarred Savior and try to explain this one!

"Heaven is for Real," they are notfunny or cute, entertaining or edifying, and certainly not convincing or convicting. In the final analysis, the book is not

compelling, but if I may say, childish. And in the end, since it is not based upon the Truth of God's word, it is confusing.

Man

The devil has many tools in which to spread his lies, sometimes those tools include children.

Maybe if that pastor had consulted his bible we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Candice

It's contrary to the Word. Since when do we accept lies against the Word if they come from the mouth of children?

I don't think he went to heaven at all and I'm still shocked that his father is pushing this so hard.

misrepresenting Jesus is a serious sin to me.Encouraging a child to continue in their false fantasy is bad parenting.

a path that very clearly contradicts scripture?

the comments about Jesus prove this book to be a heresy

I have, and this contradicts it, so it's a giant LIE, whether the kid knows it or not.

I think some people are forgetting that his experience directly contradicts the Word. Ergo, it's false, the end.

If this kid is proclaiming something different to the Word then the kid is wrong wrong wrong, and it's not possible for him to be right.

He went on to proclaim non truths. Experiencing God is not in question here, just experiencing in ways that contradict the Word.

This kid has mixed some biblical errors in with his story so I don't see the benefit in cherry picking to see what else might be correct. The fact there are

contradictions means its a fantasy and nothing else.

It just means the kid isn't telling biblical truth.

I picture the ending, With the Child standing firm in his faith saying I visited Heaven and saw Jesus and then Jesus will ride in on a Rainbow Horse and

purple sash and say I'm out of my box and silence the slanderers. He picks up the child and rides to admire a sculpture a lady made for him. Anything is possible with Almighty God.