• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I'm getting this idea Oak (maybe I'm wrong) that you might be thinking that having fun is a sin. There is nothing sinful about having fun, as long as you don't break God's laws. God has created a beautiful planet and we are fortunate enough to spend a small period of time here, enjoy what God has created.

I think we must look at is what is meant by "world" in some places of the Bible. I once asked my preacher what is meant by world in 1 John 2:15.

2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him

My preacher said world in this verse is the world of sin/ world of darkness.

In my study Bible it reads-

2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world (The "world" spoken here by John pertains to the ordered system of which Satan is the head.) If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (God the Father will not share the love that must go exclusively from Him with the world.)

In 1 John 2:16 it describes what the love of Satan's world is.

2:16 For all that is in the world (There is nothing of the system of this world that is of God), the lust of the flesh (refers to evil cravings), and the lust of the eyes (crave what it sees), and the pride of life (That which trusts its own power and resources, and shamefully despises and violates Divine Laws and human rights), is not of the Father, but of is of the world. (These things have the system of the world as their source, not the Heavenly Father.)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I'm getting this idea Oak (maybe I'm wrong) that you might be thinking that having fun is a sin. There is nothing sinful about having fun, as long as you don't break God's laws. God has created a beautiful planet and we are fortunate enough to spend a small period of time here, enjoy what God has created.

I think we must look at is what is meant by "world" in some places of the Bible. I once asked my preacher what is meant by world in 1 John 2:15.

2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him

2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world (The "world" spoken here by John pertains to the ordered system of which Satan is the head.) If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (God the Father will not share the love that must go exclusively from Him with the world.)

2:16 For all that is in the world (There is nothing of the system of this world that is of God), the lust of the flesh (refers to evil cravings), and the lust of the eyes (crave what it sees), and the pride of life (That which trusts its own power and resources, and shamefully despises and violates Divine Laws and human rights), is not of the Father, but of is of the world. (These things have the system of the world as their source, not the Heavenly Father.)

Mr. Oldzimm - I think you have done a thoughtful and wise act of expanding the term,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Mr. Oldzimm - I think you have done a thoughtful and wise act of expanding the term,