IGNORED

Jehovah's Witnesses IS a cult!!!

Guest Coral Snake

Guest Coral Snake
Will someone show me please where the Jehovah Witnesses were preaching on this board? I can't find it.

Kandi

The JWs post was deleted. However I still wanted to reply to it so I essentially put this post in its place.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Coral Snake

The ONLY way you can bring a JW, Mormon or Armstrongite to salvation is to get them to read ONLY

a reliable Bible (Starting with the Gospel of John which most displays the Salvation and Gospel Love message from Jesus himself) NOT filtered by their particular cult's Bible Version or extra scriptures (like the Book of Mormon, Watchtower and Awake! magazines or Watchtower books, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures and similar extra Biblical, Armstrongite Literature either "edited" by Gerald Flurry or original, or any other similar sources of extra-Biblical "truth").

This is probably what you should reccomend to ANY JW or Mormon coming to your door or to Worthy

Boards. Notice that my first post ended with this reccomendation.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

I have come across a very useful definition of what the difference is between a religion, a sect and a cult. I thought it would be a good thing to share it with you.

"...if you believe in it, it is a religion or perhaps 'the' religion;

and if you do not care one way or another about it, it is a sect;

but if you fear and hate it, it is a cult." Leo Pfeffer. A humorous quotation, but one that is uncomfortably close to reality.

As you may call a despised belief a cult, so may they call your belief a cult. It really doesn't change things, except increase the ill will between people of differing beliefs.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Guest Coral Snake

Actually I'm just very passionate against false doctrine like my Savior.

Mathew 23:1

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

Mathew 23:2

Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

Mathew 23:3

All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Mathew 23:4

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Mathew 23:5

But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Mathew 23:6

And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

Mathew 23:7

And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Mathew 23:8

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Mathew 23:9

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mathew 23:10

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Mathew 23:11

But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Mathew 23:12

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Mathew 23:13

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Mathew 23:14

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Mathew 23:15

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Mathew 23:16

Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Mathew 23:17

Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

Mathew 23:18

And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

mathew 23:19

Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

Mathew 23:20

Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.

Mathew 23:21

And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

Mathew 23:22

And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

Mathew 23:23

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Mathew 23:24

Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Mathew 23:25

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Mathew 23:26

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Mathew 23:27

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mathew 23:28

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Mathew 23:29

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

Mathew 23:30

And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

Mathew 23:31

Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

Mathew 23:32

Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

Mathew 23:33

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Mathew 23:34

Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Mathew 23:35

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Mathew 23:36

Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Mathew 23:37

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Mathew 23:38

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Mathew 23:39

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

As you see in my original post and in Mathew 23 sometimes love has to be TOUGH. :il:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so how do you keep them from coming to your door every Wednesday? I'm not interested in their denomination....I try to be nice...I don't want to hurt feelings or say anything cruel...for the record I don't like "denominational labels" I am a child of God I believe in Jesus and what He did for us all, I like to follow the bible, denominations that promote the belief that if your not "with them" then your going to hell just makes me plain sad. We are judged as a person when our time comes not a group of persons.

JMHO

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest Coral Snake

While I was never a JW I was involved in a cult based on false teachings for quite a while. The cult I fell for was "Pastor" Arnold Murray's Sheperd's Chapel, largely because of his ability to present his false teachings (Gap Theory of early Genesis interpretation, Two Creations of man, Pyramidology, Kenite-Serpent Seed Doctrine, British Israelism, Five month Tribulation rather than seven year one, Satan as Antichrist, Anniahaltion rather than hell for the wicked) in what look on the surface like honest chapter by chapter /verse by verse Bible studies on his satalite and early morning television programs. Falling for this one caused me to study ALL cults based on a PRETENSE of Christianity. (Sheperd Chapel and similar "churches", Armstrongites, JWs, SDAs, Mormons, The Way, Christadelphians and the like) to expose them and their false doctrines. By the way Murrayites are so deceptive that I've seen their preachings here on Worthy-Boards without their being deleted as a JW's or Mormon's preachings might be.

Edited by Coral Snake

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

a couple months ago, while doing hospital rounds with one of the associate pastors, we knew the brother of one of our congregation was in the hospital there so we took time and looked in on him......

when we entered the room, there was a woman ( his wife ) sitting doing knitting, and he was in bed staring at the ceiling......

we talked with him after introducing our selves as friends of his brother......

after a few minutes, Randy asked him if we could pray for him, I looked at his wife and she started fumming... the man said sure, he would like that..... as Randy and me prayed for him he began to weep, when we were finished, I looked at Randy and he at me and nodded, we asked him if he knew who Jesus was.... and he shrugged and said kind of.... he was then asked if he knew that Jesus wanted him to be with him thru out eternity, and asked if he had ever taken Jesus as his Lord and Savior...... he didn't know..... Randy asked him if he would like Jesus in his life, to guide him and be his savior.... he said yes.....

so Randy lead the prayer, and there was a couple times this man wanted something repeated, and it was parts that specificly stated Jesus... he claimed he didnt hear that part.....

when finished, the man was smiling and you could feel the joy in this mans heart, overwhelming peace.....

the wife? ummm she was fumming, hotter then a two dollar pistol.....

Randy asked her if she was ok, and she spouted off.... I'M A JEHOVAH WITTNESS, AND I HAVE BEEN ALL MY LIFE AND AND AND AND AND ........

Randy asked if she knew Jesus, she stated she knew who he was.... but .........

my heart was sinking from her replys, for she was pushing harder and harder away..... and her husband wanted more and more.....

she never once would say that they honor Jesus as The Son of God.... not even implied it......

their faith is in their own works... if you dont do it, you cant have it....

personally, i do not believe i want to have spikes driven into my hands and feet.... it was already done so that i do not have to....

I think about this man and woman often, and say a prayer for her, and him, that he may grow closer to the Lord and bring her home with him.....

one of my customers is a J.W. and when ever i am at her house, i am singing "JESUS" songs.... not just God songs, but those of Jesus......

she keeps calling me back, so either I am getting thru to her, or she has learned that she can trust me and my work...... hmmmm

another customer, remembered me from 8 years ago, when i installed her water heater, the entire time singing about Jesus, i didnt know she was a J.W. until i looked on the table when i had finished my work, andseen watch tower mags.....

last week, i was there installing her new gas dryer, and she could not stop talking about how happy she was that I was still working for the same company ( little does she know i bought the company ..... lol.... ) this time, she did not have the watch tower mags sitting all over the place, in fact, i didnt even see one......

mike

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Ok so how do you keep them from coming to your door every Wednesday? I'm not interested in their denomination....I try to be nice...I don't want to hurt feelings or say anything cruel...for the record I don't like "denominational labels" I am a child of God I believe in Jesus and what He did for us all, I like to follow the bible, denominations that promote the belief that if your not "with them" then your going to hell just makes me plain sad. We are judged as a person when our time comes not a group of persons.

JMHO

Love and Blessings,

Angel

there are a couple ways i have seen very effective for keeping them from darkening your door step......

one: stay studdied up..... and when the pair of them arrive, and present you with a bit of twisted information, then you reply back with...... well, if that is what this verse means, then why does this verse say this? for if the first one means this, the second one does not support it..... ( mom did this ) the two ladies said they didnt know, but would find the answer and get back with her, the next time they showed up, they were true to their word, they had the answer, but mom had remained studied up, and she was not just one step ahead of them but the entire football field ahead of them, and when they gave their rendition of the answer, she asked them about another set of verses that would not support their answer..... again they departed to find the answer and return..... they again came back and mom, being so far ahead of them just snow balled them and after that they never darkened her step again....

two: some friends of mine ( with who we all studied together in high school and at YFC group together ). had a pair of them show up, and they aproached one of my friends at his house, ( the first one on the block ) and did their presentation, and he brought up gosple refutting their presentation ( oh yea, also debate champ...lol )

they departed, and went to the next house ( which was also another teen that studied with us.... ) and again their presentation was shot all to shreds....

you may or may not believe this, but they went to the third house, and well, guess what.... this was a young lady, and she also shot them down, faster then a speeding bullet..... they were last seen getting in their car and no one has seen them in the area since......

we are told to bury the Word of God in our Hearts..... and the only way to do this is to read read read read read..... study study study study..... pray pray pray pray.... and most of all, listen to the Spirit of God speaking to you.....

then we do not have to worry about what we will say when we are put to the test..

mike

Guest traciintampa

Wow, what judgment... (not from all) all christian groups have wrong teachings in them and all of them have at least one thing right..... the witnesses are not perfect and neither are you...but I do believe that God has worked through them. I am not saying he is now. Alot of Bible truths have been revealed by their group. I believe we should all study the Bible and agree on just one thing. Jesus said the two greatest commandments were what???? Let's work on those and stop nit picking all of the other topics...

Agape,

Traci