• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

17 minutes ago, debrakay said:

You asked these questions a couple of weeks ago and no one responded so I thought I would.  Given the fact this forum has been going for almost 20 years it's a good indication it is received well.  Throughout the years I have spent on the internet, starting around 1995 I think it was, I have been to a half a dozen forums and I keep returning to this one.  I have managed to find several I would not hesitate to call my friends and others I have enjoyed reading their thoughts and advice.  Only a couple of times have I run into those few who cannot seem to type out their words in an edifying, non-confrontational way.  I can only imagine what it would be like to have a face to face with these.  Most of us are here to find some answers, ask for prayer, offer prayer, learn a few things of interest to us, and laugh a little.  There are some who come every day,  some who pop in weekly, some monthly, and some rare drop-in's.  It seems to be a well rounded group if you put yourself out there in a real way and choose your words wisely.  I found Worthy after a looking into a few others when I retired in February 2021.  Before that I had a full time job and spent my weekend's playing catch-up at home and spending time with my husband who has now passed away.  Now I enjoy popping in here as regularly as I can if I am home and not traveling to see my kids and grandkids or if the sun is shining and I'm out mowing the lawn and doing outside activities.  It's raining today so here I am looking for friends to converse with.  I like Worthy so this is it for me for forums.  I don't need to look elsewhere.  I hope you settle in here too Vine! :D

P.S. I was in Scottsdale in February and had a very nice lunch downtown with my granddaughter and her family who live in Lichfield Park.  It was Super Bowl weekend so what was I thinking?!  Scottsdale is beautiful!

Thanks for the response! Well I think I can say that I've found Worthy to be a good "internet church" home, as the folks on here have been great! And I think there is truly a significant amount of building up going on between us, as we share Christ with one another.

Sorry about your husband . . . I seems most on here are of a more "advanced" age (although I like to say that it's not really the age that get's us, it's the decay!  LOL) Caring and praying for others' physical needs, of course, gets more & more paramount. We see that weekly in my local fellowship, of which the average is really getting up there! But we can rejoice because, "He will be our guide, even unto death!" (Psalm 48:14) and we can't say that about anyone else, can we?!

February is a great time to be here.  Now we're planning our get-aways as the mercury has hot the century mark for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1