• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

:t2::D Amen!

I have a close internet friend that I met through the boards a few months ago. He came here as well as other Chistian message boards looking for exactly what George is speaking of. He wanted to see if Unity in the Body of Christ is possible. He didn't stay long but I pray some day that saints such as he will find a home here along with all the rest of us and that our Unity in Christ will be our shining LIGHT.

UNITY in Christ is NOT uniformity nor is it wrong when it is in CHRIST...the Truth, the Way and the Life. Praise HIM forever!

Be Blessed,

Wayne

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I must congratulate you George for your bold initiative.

Years ago as a young PAOC Indian minister,(AOG) I was talking to Harold Bredson, a Catholic priest and a Reformed layman.

The reformed laman said, "Alfie, you will never get me to worship God like you. You are loud, irrreverant. On the other hand, I know I could never get you to worship God like me. You think I am a dried up old prune. But, Alfie, lets rejoice in the One that we have in common." I replied, "Thats good enough for me."

That experience has helped me build bridges over the last 35 years without compromising the Truth of the Faith.

A few years later, a person of another Pentecostal denomination dropped in to visit before our camp meeting started.

I'd never met him before.

He proceeded to open his bible and show me where in his opinion I was wrong in my doctrine.

I allowed him to continue for a while then I stopped him and asked how he felt free having never met me before to attempt to correct my doctrinal position.

I proceeded to tell him the story I have just told you.

When I finished, he became quiet, his face was flushed and he sat there for a long time saying nothing. After what seemed like an eternity, he stood and said, "Well brother, thats good enough for me too!"

We had a wonderfull camp meeting that year.

Edited by nagwalk
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I hope people are paying close attention to this.

HERE is where we see the official doctrine of Worthy.

I pays to be patient and discern what people are saying. We have to separate between what a person's beliefs may be and not confuse that with what Worthy stands for.

I think it is important to understand the difference.

t.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Awesome post George! I agree whole-heartedly with everything you said! Unity will take each of us doing our part so that our lights can shine in the darkness for God's glory!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Many might say that this experiment will fail because we can't cling to false teaching but the funny thing is, I have given up some false teaching since I have been here.

I came here looking for fellowship and at 1st I thought people were not operating in love. They were so headstrong with some opinions. They would say that men I have looked up to for so long were teaching false doctrine. This is when the experiment started working for me because instead of argueing over and over, I became slow to speak and quick to listen. I found out through much study and prayer that the men in ministry I latched on to were indeed teaching things that were outside the of word of God.....or, if you will a new revelation

So I asked God..what causes one to teach something that is false in the name of Jesus. He showed me 1John 2:8 (NIV)Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

Runs ahead stood out to me like a bolt of lightening. I found that many are running ahead with one certain thing or another and being so focused on that, forgetting and even having to change other scripture to justify what they cling to.

I'm not going into much detail right now because I have a whole study on this I'm gonna post in the future but I'll give one example. God wants his people to prosper but men and women have given their whole life over to teaching the prosperity message that many of them have left the straight way and are running the race in a different direction other than the coarse Christ has laid out for us to run.

How many times have we heard.....here is a "new revelation" or God is "doing something new"

Since I've been here, I feel like nothing is gonna get past me again.

At the same time, I am not gonna run ahead to find every single , little bit of false teaching I can but now I am standing on the Word wholeheartedly. So if someone comes and says they have a new revelation or brings a 110 year old doctrine that was founded on an angel's gift and vision to someone, I will line in up against the word of God and see if it came from God or not.

So, in the Love of our Lord and Savoir, let us come together and see if we have the truth so that we can be perfected in righteousness.

George, this is a great thread and an even greater vision you have for the Body of Christ.

I will be praying even more than I was.

In his love,

Brian

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I agree with the statement of faith 100

• Thumbs Up 2

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,458
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,728
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  125
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I agree Jedi! Please if you see anything un-Christian like -- HIT REPORT! Let us know! We don't have eyes on every post and every thread so we need your help! A simple click -- REPORT will assist us in so many ways!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

Amen to that! :t2:

• Thumbs Up 1