IGNORED

Is it unlikely that King Solomon wasn't saved?

avemaria

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1987

Thanks guys there are some interesting and thoughtful posts here.

I certainly didnt know some of these things.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This is interesting, something I have not thought about.

Guest Butero

I had to look this up since I too assumed he was saved. God is angry at Solomon just before he died, for turning his heart away from the Lord. Perhaps he repented.

1 Kings 11

4 For it happened when Solomon was old, his wives turned away his heart after other gods. And his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth, the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom, the abomination of the Ammonites;

6 and Solomon did evil in the sight of Jehovah, and did not go fully after the LORD like his father David.

7 Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill which is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the sons of Ammon.

8 And likewise he did for all his foreign wives, and burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

9 ¶ And the LORD was angry with Solomon because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice

10 and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods; and he did not keep that which the LORD commanded.

11 And the LORD said to Solomon, Since this is done by you, and since you have not kept My covenant and My statutes which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you and will give it to your servant.

12 But I will not do it in your days, for David your father's sake, but I will tear it out of the hand of your son.

13 Only, I will not tear away all the kingdom, but I will give one tribe to your son for David My servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.

41 ¶ And the rest of the acts of Solomon, and all that he did, and his wisdom, are they not written in the Book of the Acts of Solomon?

42 And the days that Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel were forty years.

43 And Solomon slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David his father. And Rehoboam reigned in his place.

These things do make me wonder if some of the Gnostic teachings of what Solomon was capable of might be true.

I have some gnostic writings, but they are so crazy, I didn't bother to read much of them. What kind of things do they claim about Solomon? :noidea: