IGNORED

WN: Southern Baptists: Gay rights aren't civil rights - MSNBC

WorthyNewsBot

Guest LadyC

not that i would normally jump in and defend butero or anything, but mark, what the heck was homophobic, bigoted, or otherwise ugly about what he said? he doesn't have any friends who are gay. so what? i don't currently either.

what's bigoted about not having friends whom you have nothing in common with? along with not currently having any friends who are gay, i also have no friends who are alcoholic, or who use drugs, or even who go hang-gliding. surely YOU have choose YOUR friends from those who share similar lifestyles and activities as you, don't you? don't we all?

to imply that someone who has no close gay friends is a bigot or a homophobe is irresponsible, and well, bigoted.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I say basically the same thing elsewhere and I get called all sorts of names.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I've always been too liberal for my conservative friends and too conservative for my liberal friends. So that tells me I'm probably somewhere in the middle. There are ditches on both sides of the road.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

The problem we have is that the world can no longer distinguish reality from unreality. Both article 9 of the European Human Rights and article 16 of the UN Declaration of Human Rights affirm the right of man and woman to marry and found a family. (Thus same sex coupling is excluded) Even the European court has told David Cameron the UK PM that 'gay marriage' is not a right, and despite Cameron having said it was he is still determined to force legisaltion for it on the basis of equal rights.

If these people wanted the earth to be flat you couldn't convince them otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Winnetou, you really think France and Germany are doing well right now? The bible does instruct us to be cautious about who we marry. It recommends we marry other Christians. So, is it "bigoted" that I chose to marry a Christian woman?

Mixed race marriages were never banned by the bible, racists and bigots abused scripture to support their prejudices.

Homosexual marriage is a contradiction to what marriage is. A man and woman join together, form a relationship and family, then procreate and provide a stable and secure upbringing for their progeny. A man can teach a child a lot and a woman can teach a child a lot. When combined, the parents provide traits and characteristics that a child needs to become a good person.

What does homosexuality provide? Companionship? Fornication? That sums it up.

As to the OP and thread. This is a real problem. The UK PM was referring to gay marriage as a human right but the European court told him it wasnt. Yet still his government refer to the equal rights. Articles 18 and 9 of the UN Declaration and European human rights respectively refer to the right of man and woman to marry and found a family. Same sex couples cant found a family.

Article 16 of the UN declaration is for the freedom of religious expression and manifestation.

Yet is no use arguing these realities with people who only think, hear and see what they want to and disregard the rest.

Well said those who spot that the media pushes the agenda. There are so many people who identify as homosexual on tv and in the arts and music one wonders whether they haven't been given a favourable chance. Nonetheless many are immensely tallented at their art.

So no wonder the public thinks there are more homosexuals than there really are.

It should be pointed out as well that lgbt lobbies are in every walk of public life and have consistently claimed percentages much higher than the reality, so no wonder people are fooled.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Yes, in typical marxist fashion, keep lying and eventually people will come to believe it is truth.

Winnetou, a loving household isn't the same as a stable household. A single parent could love their child immensely and be completely incapable of providing food, clothing, shelter for the children.

If you don't know the damage single parenthood causes, I suggest you educate yourself, it is nothing to be proud of.

Any kind of sexual behavior is fornication, God doesn't make a distinction.

Nice job brightmorningstar for further educating all of us on articles 18, 9, 16. Very appreciative, thank you.

(Lev. 21:9; 19:29; Deut. 22:20, 21, 23-29; 23:18; Ex. 22:16). (Isa. 1:2; Jer. 2:20; Ezek. 16; Hos. 1:2; 2:1-5; Jer. 3:8,9).

For some people no amount of proof will ever be enough to convince them they are wrong.

Winnetou,

Why?
What do you mean why. As I previously described. Why not? LOL

Every man has, according to the American constitution, inalienable rights.
OK yes.

It also is part of it to marry somebody of his or her choice.
What like a child?

Sorry but as you know I don’t get fooled. Provided it is a consenting adult of the opposite sex, because that is what marriage. If you are going to suggest man and man then why not drop the requirement for consent and adult, there are people who would like that you know and if every man has a supposed right?

Now in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, (ie Galatians 3) The prohibitions under the OT covenant were between people honouring God and marriage to those who did not. In Christ there is still the warning not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Homosexuals shall have the right to get married if they want this.
Yes providing its marriage, that is to someone of the opposite sex. To the same sex it is not a right they and the likes of yourself just ignore human rights and claim they do.

It is bad enough your thinking having people’s identities their sexual desires, but with homosexual it is anatomically dysfunctional. But you come on Christian sites and lie about what the Bible says and what Christians believe. LOL