Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

That's because the human brain is much more complex than a chimp's, so we crave for more complex things as coffee, reading and going to the moon. It is conceivable that in millions of years from now chimps will be able to do that.

Yes and “three monkeys hitting keys at random on typewriters for an infinite amount of time will almost surely produce Hamlet"--Infinite monkey theorem.

I'm not sure if mocking mainstream science is the best way to get your point across, but then again, Evolution predicts lots of variation of intelligence within a certain group of people :P

monkey_typing.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist.

I thought you were a Christian Michelle? Why does it say "Unbeliever" under your name?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

That's because the human brain is much more complex than a chimp's, so we crave for more complex things as coffee, reading and going to the moon. It is conceivable that in millions of years from now chimps will be able to do that.

Yes and “three monkeys hitting keys at random on typewriters for an infinite amount of time will almost surely produce Hamlet"--Infinite monkey theorem.

I'm not sure if mocking mainstream science is the best way to get your point across, but then again, Evolution predicts lots of variation of intelligence within a certain group of people :P

monkey_typing.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist.

I thought you were a Christian Michelle? Why does it say "Unbeliever" under your name?

You know, I have no idea... It was automatically changed. As was my gender, to male, which I changed back to female. Do you imagine a mod implemented those changes?

Anyway, I'm a christian but that shouldn't suggest I'm at odds with mainstream science. :P

Sorry couldn't resist.

You know, I have no idea... It was automatically changed. As was my gender, to male, which I changed back to female. Do you imagine a mod implemented those changes?

Anyway, I'm a christian but that shouldn't suggest I'm at odds with mainstream science. :P

Oh I see Michelle. 

Besides Science what do you base your values on?

I would like to hear about your faith in the Lord.

When did you receive Jesus as Lord and Savior? What is your walk with Him like?

Why do you think someone would change your gender to male or change your status to an "nonbeliever"?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry couldn't resist.

Oh I see Michelle. 

Besides Science what do you base your values on?

I would like to hear about your faith in the Lord.

When did you receive Jesus as Lord and Savior? What is your walk with Him like?

Why do you think someone would change your gender to male or change your status to an "nonbeliever"?

I'm a non denominational christian. My specific type of faith regards salvation by merely acknowledging the lord's existence and by being a generally good person. and values never arise from science. Science is amoral.

I'm a non denominational Christian. My specific type of faith regards salvation by merely acknowledging the lord's existence and by being a generally good person. and values never arise from science. Science is amoral.

I agree science is amoral. Just like money is amoral. However, what we do with the knowledge of those two are moral decisions. They determine our values and outlook on life. To be a Christian and claim that evolution is a fact is ironic at best. Very sad at worst. Being a Christ-follower requires faith in Someone bigger than ourselves that we can't explain. The Bible is God's Word and love letter to humanity. If my God says in His Word He made the earth and the whole universe in 6 days then I put my faith in Him that He is telling me the truth. By rejecting creationism and embracing evolution one must assume one doesn't believe, or have faith, that God is powerful enough to create the universe with the appearance of age. Was Adam not formed of clay as a grown man? Why must the universe be billions of years old?

Merely acknowledging the Lord’s existence and being a good person from a Biblical standpoint does not make one a Christian. Here’s the Biblical evidence of this…

christian1.gif

1. Doing good and keeping the law doesn’t save us. We cannot save ourselves. If we offend in just one point we’re guilty of breaking the whole law.

James 2:10 “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.”

2. As the Bible teaches that all have sinned (Rom. 3:23; or done bad stuff – even if it is just one thing) and everyone is destined to be eternally separated from God.

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

3. The Bible also says God is just and He cannot overlook our sin.

Acts 10:34-35 “Then Peter opened his mouth and said: ‘In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him [accepts Jesus Christ as his or her Lord and Savior] and [consequently] works righteousness [evidence of change – fruit of the Spirit] is accepted by Him.’”

4. The wages (results or consequences) of sin is eternal death (separation from God – Rom. 6:23a).

Romans 6:23a "...The wages of sin is death..."

5. That would be a sad story if that were it. But the Bible goes onto say that God offers the free gift eternal life through Jesus Christ (Rom. 6:23b).

Romans 6:23b "...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

6. The Bible says that even though we were sinners Christ died for us.

Romans 5:8, "God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"

106678_orig.jpg

7. The Bible says anyone who calls on the name of Jesus Christ will be saved.

Romans 10:13 "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ will be saved!"

8. The Bible says whoever confesses Jesus as Lord and believes in Him shall be saved and the reward is Heaven eternally!

Romans 10:9,10 "...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

9. Salvation comes from Christ.

Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Remember...

miriam_god_loves_you_web.jpg

I'm a non denominational Christian. My specific type of faith regards salvation by merely acknowledging the lord's existence and by being a generally good person. and values never arise from science. Science is amoral.

Question for you {GoldenEagle}: is accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior a NECESSARY condition to attain salvation? No exceptions?

Ciao

- viole

Scripture speaks for itself.

Romans 10:9 "If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved."

John 14:1-6 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

1 John 1: 8-10 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

What do you think?

Ciao

~ Eagle

I'm a non denominational christian. My specific type of faith regards salvation by merely acknowledging the lord's existence and by being a generally good person. and values never arise from science. Science is amoral.

Here is my two cent. You acknowledge Jesus and I am going to assume that you believe in him and his saving work. Also you said being a generally good person, I am going to assume that means following in Jesus steps as he set an example for us and doing good to those who are outcasts. So if my assumptions are correct then welcome to the Church universal.

It would be great if Michelle would clarify. Don't assume. You know what they say... :sneaking:

Here is my two cent. You acknowledge Jesus and I am going to assume that you believe in him and his saving work. Also you said being a generally good person, I am going to assume that means following in Jesus steps as he set an example for us and doing good to those who are outcasts. So if my assumptions are correct then welcome to the Church universal.

It would be great if Michelle would clarify. Don't assume. You know what they say... :sneaking:

The comment was extended to allow her to correct my understanding as I do not know her church back ground or how well she understands "churchy words".

Actually I don't know what they say when you assume. Why would you assume I do know?

Granted. Also the fact that she is from Europe and the whole thing about English possibly not being her primary/first language. But belief that God exists doesn't make one a Christian.

As far as assuming... Well when you assume it makes something out of "u" and "me." :noidea: Lol.

Question for you {GoldenEagle}: is accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior a NECESSARY condition to attain salvation? No exceptions?

Ciao

- viole

Scripture speaks for itself.

Romans 10:9 "If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved."

John 14:1-6 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

1 John 1: 8-10 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

What do you think?

Ciao

~ Eagle

These are all SUFFICIENT conditions. That is, if you accept Jesus as your Saviour, etc. then you are saved.

I asked whether accepting Jesus as your Saviour is a necessary condition. That is, is it possible to be saved without accepting Jesus as your Saviour?

Ciao

- viole

I thought I answered this. But to clarify. Jesus Himself said it...

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Further... Whoever believes in God's One and Only Son shall have eternal life.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

Through Jesus Christ alone is eternal life as a gift of God.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Eternal life can be known through Jesus Christ who was sent from the One True God - Jehovah.

John 17:3 "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Salvation is found in no one else.

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

I know you have rejected and given up on God Viole. But He hasn't given up on you. :mgcheerful:

Ciao

~ Eagle