• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I too, was raised SDA before my dad put us in catholic school. It is very confusing to say the least. One teaches to live by the laws of the old testament but to forget the animal sacrifices because Jesus was the last sacrifice and the other teaches to live in the new testament and the old testament is more like a history lesson. Now that I am an adult, I read the bible and decide for myself what to believe in (with God's guidance of course).

I still believe that Saturday is the Sabbath of the old testament but worship God and keep everyday holy.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Mobile21

I don't mean to get off the subject

Could you tell me why you have a picture of a nun in your posts,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I too, was raised SDA before my dad put us in catholic school.  It is very confusing to say the least.  One teaches to live by the laws of the old testament but to forget the animal sacrifices because Jesus was the last sacrifice and the other teaches to live in the new testament and the old testament is more like a history lesson.    Now that I am an adult, I read the bible and decide for myself what to believe in (with God's guidance of course). 

I still believe that Saturday is the Sabbath of the old testament but worship God and keep everyday holy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Gianour:

I believe Sabbath in the OT is Saturday as well.................. but that changes nothing.

Our Lord resurrected on Sunday and He presided over the very first Eucharist after His Resurrection (and after it was instituted) on Sunday (Lk 24, 13; 30) and that's why we christians worship on Sunday.

Besides, Adventism makes no sense because it relies on the mosaic Law but doesn't accept it as the whole 613 commandments; they only accept the "10 commandments" so they say they live by the Law but that's not true because they just ignore the truth on purpose.

Mobile.

We followed more than just the 10 commandments. We followed many others including the dietary laws in Levit. as well. But that is besides the point. The bible says not to judge anyone on what they eat or drink or because of the sabbath.

Pretty clear info there.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

The bible says not to judge anyone on what they eat or drink or because of the sabbath.

If you read my previous post, you would see that I am NOT an SDA. I did not agree with the teachings and I do not defend them. My point was that they follow MORE than just the 10 commandments.

Yes, they did put unattainable requirements on their followers.

I don't think it is our right to judge anyone on which day they worship on.

We should worship everyday.

:b:

I want only to obey God and to please him. I wish to attend services and study groups on the Sabbath. MOST Churches do not offer a Saturday service and if they do they offer them only after midnight in Jerusalem. I will go and see what the Adventists are like. I wish very much to congregate with believers on the Sabbath.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<ahttp://www.worthychristianforums.com/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png' alt=':P'> greetings the sabbath begins at sundwn fri and lasts till sundown sat services ar usually held on sat .i keep the sabbath ,and there are high sabbaths conected to holy days as well.I am currently attending services at home via live online. i dont know if this is alowed but here goes web address is http://www.cgg.org and there is a lot of great study sermons available too. any way i hope you find this site usefull god bless

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

the sabbath begins at sundwn fri and lasts till sundown sat

I have much love for Jesus for his sacrifice. The freedom of our spirit from laws is only a taste of things to come. As for the Sabbath I would have to be more specific. If you would bind yourself to worshiping on this day only, then I would tell you the Sabbath is relative to the dawn and sunset in Jerusalem.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hello everyone.

I hear alot of us saying that we should worship God everyday.

I don't think that is debatable...of course we should worship God everyday.

This isn

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord