• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

idied2 says,

Yes I do know that. So where was it that we disagreed? Oh yes. When I said that elijah was no longer a man when he was taken into heaven. Elijah had given up the flesh so to speak with no spirit of man left in him and he was disipated into the SPIRIT of GOD in the air no body needed anylonger. The same place that CHRIST will return from.  The heavens where lightning and tempest form.

That's a nice little story. Too bad you have no scripture to back up the statements, "Elijah was no longer a man...", or "...he (Elijah) was disipated into the Spirit of God...".

Also, how did Elijah do this, if he "had given up the flesh and.....was disipated into the SPIRIT of GOD?", which was written after he was taken up into heaven;

"And there came a writing to him (Jehoram) from Elijah the prophet saying, 'Thus saith the Lord God of David thy Father, Because thou hast not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father; nor in the ways of Asa, king of Judah." 2 Chron. 21:12.

May God's grace, power and peace be with you,

Ron

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And there came a writing to him (Jehoram) from Elijah the prophet saying, 'Thus saith the Lord God of David thy Father, Because thou hast not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father; nor in the ways of Asa, king of Judah." 2 Chron. 21:12.

This is a writing that is in the same time frame as when elijah was here before he was taken up. Jehoram was the king of judah and Ahab was the king of isreal.

In CHRIST JESUS :whistling::laugh::laugh::laugh:

idied2 says,

This is a writing that is in the same time frame as when elijah was here before he was taken up. Jehoram was the king of judah and Ahab was the king of isreal.

Yes, but after Elijah was taken up by the chariots. You should be more diligent in your studies.

Ron

Yes, but after Elijah was taken up by the chariots. You should be more diligent in your studies.

Ron

I don't understand where you are getting that Elijah was taken up by the chariots berfore he wrote the letter to jehoram. The books of kings and chronicles are not in chronological order but are two different accounts of the same time periods. Much like the four gospels are. After ahab and jezebels fall there was still many years to jehorams fall.

In CHRIST JESUS :24::24::24::o

Some where in this time frame would be the aproximate time that elijah wrote the letter. After the captain and fifty and before being taken into heaven.

2 Kings 1

17 So Ahaziah died according to the word of the Lord which Elijah had spoken. Because he had no son, Jehoram (The son of Ahab king of Israel) became king in his place, in the second year of Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat, king of Judah.

In the beginning of the next chapter elijah was getting ready to go.

2 Kings 2: 1

1 And it came to pass, when the Lord was about to take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.

It would have been nice If the scribes could have gotten it straight. Which was it the 2nd year of Jehoram or the 18th year of jehosshaphat?

2 Kings 3

3:1

Now Jehoram the son of Ahab became king over Israel at Samaria in the eighteenth year of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, and reigned twelve years.

2 Kings 1

17 So Ahaziah died according to the word of the Lord which Elijah had spoken. Because he had no son, Jehoram (The son of Ahab king of Israel) became king in his place, in the second year of Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat, king of Judah.

idieds,

Yes, you're right in the fact it's hard to determine what year is what when looking at the books of Kings and Chronicles. In my Thompson Chain Reference KJV, it says Elijah was taken into heaven in the year 896 B.C., and the letter written to Jehoram king of Judah between 889 B.C. and 885 B.C. This publisher of this bible doesn't believe as I do, so I'm not looking for someone who supports what I believe to give my statement support. From all the other research I've done, the only logical conclusion is the letter was written by Elijah after he was taken into heaven. I didn't go looking for something to support my belief. My belief was formed while studying things like this very idea about Elijah. My beliefs came from study, I didn't study and find things to support my belief.

Ron