• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

Matthew 21:22 KJV

22And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Mark 11:24 KJV

24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Still waiting

-SS

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

22And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Still waiting

-SS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know who Jesus was speaking to Slope?

He was speaking to His followers friend. May I suggest the following link to a study and discussion on effective prayer? "Is GOD really listening to me?", Effective Prayer

1 John 5

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

15 And if we know that he hears us

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

Still waiting

-SS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know who Jesus was speaking to Slope?

He was speaking to His followers friend. May I suggest the following link to a study and discussion on effective prayer? "Is GOD really listening to me?", Effective Prayer

1 John 5

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

15 And if we know that he hears us

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Did I take something out of context?

Did you? :thumbsup:

Guest PistosHuios
Hello all, I've been off line a while during my move but I'm back with more questions...

When asked why God allows seemingly senseless and or horrific things to happen I always hear this "God gave man free will" and "God doesn't interfere in the dealings of men". So the question I have is,

Why do you pray for God to do things for you or others? If you already believe God gave you and everyone else free will and that he doesn't stop the train from slamming into the bus load of 3 year-olds then why do you pray to him for various and sundry things, including praying that I will be saved?

-SS

Whew! I just read everything and that's rare. I usually skip over the middle, But I had to see if you were even in the conversation. I've seen Posts where the original writer quit writing at page 2 1/2 and the thing is 11 pages long!!! :emot-hug: HAHA!

Alright, no one else has even offered this (I don't think) but I personally do not believe in the Freedom of the Will especially as you described it and mainly for the reasons you described! You bring up a lot of good, rather great questions about prayer throughout these numerous pages and did quite well defending your position.

However, I will deal with your original question, and the foundations that I do not hold to, that I feel are faulty, and i will try to explain any questions you may have. However, I will start with the following and then you may guide this discussion as you please, i have no intentions of reading other people's posts, or arguments, unless you quote them to me.

I do not believe in the Freedom of the Will of man, and I certainly do not believe that God does not interfere with that supposed freedom. My answer to pain and suffering is Sin, not will, but sin allowed by God that to this point has developed into the wrath of God Revealed (cf. Rom 1). Which reveals itself in the form of sickness, pain, and suffering, which God in turn uses to test and try and draw his people to himself for His own Glory.

I pray for God to do things for myself and others 1. because I can not do them 2. God wants to know our desires, hurts, and pains, directly from us on a personal level, and so to communicate those, I use prayer. 3. God's abiding, good, and perfect will, shall be done no matter what, he will answer prayers according to HIS purposes, and I would have it no other way.

I wil start there, and if you do not respond to me, I will write no more, if you do, I will try my best to answer both accuratly and biblical, to the best of my ability.

May God find you, in your search for Him