IGNORED

6 Biblical Reasons Why Baptism Isn't Required For Salvation

Tinky

The Record

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:11-13

~

I really see no sense adding yet another word to any who would willingly ignore ANY word Jesus said! I have cried as a watchman on the wall, and woe will betide those who ignore the very words of Jesus.

Woe

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:28

Woe

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Matthew 3:11

Woe Is Me

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

For I've Called Upon The LORD My God

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:12-13

And Been Cursed By Man

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

So What Is A Simple Fellow To Do

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

But To Worship In The Name Of His Salvation

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 2:3-5 (KJV)

:thumbsup:

~

KING's

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

Command

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12

Times Two

These things I command you, that ye love one another. John 15:17

You See

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

1 Samuel 16

7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Why does the Lord search the heart? What's He looking for?

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I believe that if a person knows what God's will is they should try to follow his commandments. Out of love not out of duty. However, God doesn't love us less or more if we obey Him. God's love doesn't change would you agree? God's love doesn't depend on our actions or lack thereof? See passages below.

Mal. 3:6

For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Heb. 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

2 Tim. 2:13

If we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.

Each person's walk with God is unique in the sense that God loves us right where we are. Some people are at varying degrees of understanding regarding God. Yet God is faithful and working in the lives of each of us. God is faithful to complete the work he started in us. (Phil 1:6 and 1 Thess. 5:24) Also 1 John 3:9 talks about habitual sinning. God is patient towards us. (2 Pet. 3:9)

Phil. 1:6

And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

1 John 3:9

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

2 Pet. 3:9

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

1 Thess. 5:23-24

23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

Underlined are you implying there is more than one salvation method? Is Jesus the only way? Curious.

Personally, I think this comment in bold is a bit legalistic.

Just my opinion. See this thread: You May Have Legalism (And Not Even Know It) In Your Life…

Some people are saved and baptized years later. Some people are saved and baptized emmidiately. Baptism like circumcision is a matter of the heart and the attitude one takes. Baptism is just a step in following Jesus's example - it doesn't save or make one more holy in God's eyes.

Good discussion. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

17 My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations

Hosea 9:15-17 (KJV)

Does God's love change ?

Perhaps you'll address please the rest of the post? Particularly the comment in green. Then we can get into that question in red. What do you think?

True. Baptism is important, because Jesus commanded it. But it has nothing to do with salvation.

If Jesus commanded it, it must have a purpose. What is that purpose?

By being baptized, you are proclaiming your belief in front of witnesses. Basically - you're making a public stand for Christ.

Where is this stated in the bible?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Underlined are you implying there is more than one salvation method? Is Jesus the only way? Curious.

Some people are saved and baptized years later. Some people are saved and baptized emmidiately. Baptism like circumcision is a matter of the heart and the attitude one takes. Baptism is just a step in following Jesus's example - it doesn't save or make one more holy in God's eyes.

God bless,

GE

15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

17 My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations

Does God's love change ?

Perhaps you'll address please the rest of the post? Particularly the comment in green. Then we can get into that question in red. What do you think?

1. question:

I do believe in Jesus and his doctrine(commandments) is the only way

I also believe what Jesus says we must do.

2.question:

Baptism is not for show, its for your birth - to be born again.

I do believe Jesus said you must be born again to enter in to the kingdom.

so did he change on that sometime later ?

How do you think on that ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus only believers ?

Did Jesus say ? "Don't do what I do or what I say, just believe in my name only"

So don't do what the early church did, they didn't know better.

If your point is to say people are arguing against baptism, nobody suggested that. I know I didn't. The question is whether or not you are completely saved before you are baptized?

True. Baptism is important, because Jesus commanded it. But it has nothing to do with salvation. By being baptized, you are proclaiming your belief in front of witnesses. Basically - you're making a public stand for Christ.

Where does it say you are doing it before others for that purpose of showing your faith.

Baptism isn't for others its for you, because you just wrote that its a commandment. What if we disobey this commandment then, are we saved ?

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required:

We can't judge ourselves with other people salvation - example: someone gets saved by believing in Jesus and the next minute they die.

We are required to do what we are able to do because God judge our hearts in how we obey him.

Other wise why do I need Jesus most Jews believe Like Abraham salvation, just believe in God. Did it work for Abraham ?

So I think if you konw about baptism and its a commandment, you better get it done.

Keeping the commandment also shows you love God.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so I don't know what kind of responses you have had to this so far. The point was whether or not water baptism has a part in saving you? I am taking Tinky is saying that you don't have a multiple step process to complete salvation like repent plus water baptism = salvation, and if you die before you get baptized, you aren't completely saved so you would go to hell if you die. What I am taking it you are saying is after we are saved, we have to obey God's commandments to remain saved. Do I have that right? That is another matter altogether. I got saved before I was baptized in water, but was baptized after getting saved in obedience to the command. I do believe that baptism is an outward sign of what took place on the inside. It is a confession to others you are a Christian. Saying that is the purpose of baptism doesn't make it without importance. It just means that if you get saved today, but there is no opportunity to be baptised till the next baptism service a month from now, you are saved in the meantime.

I think you must obey what you know to do by the commandments of God to stay saved.

What kind of person would refuse the loving God ways after getting true salvation.

Baptism saves people because you must be borned again .

I don't believe baptism was made for a show - that is not what it was meant for.

I don't think there was a crowd when Philip baptized the Enuch.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

God bless,

GE

Does God's love change ?

1. question:

I do believe in Jesus and his doctrine(commandments) is the only way

I also believe what Jesus says we must do.

2.question:

Baptism is not for show, its for your birth - to be born again.

I do believe Jesus said you must be born again to enter in to the kingdom.

so did he change on that sometime later ?

How do you think on that ?

1. Question: So did Jesus say "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me {and the commandments of God}"? John 14:6

The Law (the commandments) doesn't save my friend. There is no Jesus + {insert here} = salvation.

2. I believe being born again happens when one believes and confesses Jesus is Lord. You don't have to wait until baptism to be born again. Where do you get the idea in the Bible that baptism is required to be born again?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I think you must obey what you know to do by the commandments of God to stay saved.

STAY saved?

So, you believe it's by your power/works that you remain saved?

You fail to keep all of God's commandments every single day! And by trying to justify yourself and your salvation by your works, you have placed yourself under a curse.

(Gal. 3:10) All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

"The righteous will live by faith," not by works. But, law is not based on faith. It is based on works. (Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, again, “The righteous will live by faith.”--Gal. 3:11)

All through the New Testament, it says a person is justified and saved simply by FAITH.

All through the New Testament, it says a person is justified and saved simply by FAITH.

How would your reconcile your statement with the passage below?

James 2

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,

16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.