joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

This subject has been kicked around many times, however this morning I am thinking

about those of us who m ay have been raised in adverse conditions. Some have been raised

by alcoholic abusive parents. Some have been raised to believe there is no God, and some

raised in any number of others ways that reject God, Jesus and Truth.

Many of us, in time, when wooed by the Holy Spirit eventually turn to God and His righteousness

while others still wander out in the world without Him and without even an idea that He exists.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/sins_of_the_father

This site lists verses dealing with this issue.

One way we pass on our sins from one generation to another is in the way we raise our children.

I consider myself most blessed that I was exposed to the Gospel at an early age, even so I had my

literal 40 years of wandering in the world of loss of fellowship with God. Others have not been as

fortunate. Many suffer with severe depression because of those things that happened to them as

a child, not realizing they can bring this to Father and be healed.

The Word says come now, let us reason together (Isa 1:18), where in this manner we can be made

whole again. The word reason implies a back and forth discussion with Him. It can take time to

work our our Salvation and healing of our soul, and He knows this.

His Love for His children is so deep and caring that most can not realize the depth of it, nevertheless it is so.

I invite those of you who need this healing to bring your hurts before the ever forgiving and loving

Father who provided this way for us to be healed.

Isaiah 9:6 NASB

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;

And the government will rest on His shoulders;

And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,

Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

God is our Wonderful Counselor! He is the only One we can confess all that has happened to us and that

we have inflicted on our self and who can be trusted to keep it to Him self and not expose that which we

may not feel would be beneficial for others to know. He has promised to keep that which we have committed

to Him until that day (2 Tim 1:12). This probably meant our salvation, and I think it also means our discussions

with Him.

Ephesians 6:4

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.