• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Mark 13:1,2

And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!

And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Matthew 24:1,2

And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

I have been wondering about what is now called the wailing wall in Jerusalem.

Based on the verses above, that wall can not be part of the old Temple.

Thoughts?

Guest Butero

According to WIsegeek.org, the wailing wall is believed to be the remains of one wall of the great Jewish temple or the wall surrounding the temple's courtyard. Nobody is sure, so based on the scriptures you posted, I would have to agree with you. I don't see why it can't be part of a wall surrounding the temple's courtyard?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

I really do not know Butero, it was something that has crossed my mind a couple of times, so I thought I would ask.

Reference was made to the buildings. I do not know if Jesus meant the walls surrounding the temple's outer perimeter.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Mark 13:1,2

And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!

And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Matthew 24:1,2

And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

I have been wondering about what is now called the wailing wall in Jerusalem.

Based on the verses above, that wall can not be part of the old Temple.

Thoughts?

It very well could be that recent archeology determines that the western wall to be a construct around 7th century and not around Herod's time leaving you

correct about what Jesus said and wall constructed after prophecies fulfillment... Love, Steven

Guest Butero

I really do not know Butero, it was something that has crossed my mind a couple of times, so I thought I would ask.

Reference was made to the buildings. I do not know if Jesus meant the walls surrounding the temple's outer perimeter.

He only mentioned the buildings, so I don't think that would apply to the walls?

Guest LoyalGypsy

Reference was made to the buildings.

I do not know if Jesus meant the walls surrounding the temple's outer perimeter.

Greetings

Those 2 contexts don't really have too much to do with the wall surrounding the temple

IMHO, The key to those passages in Mark 13 and Matthew 24; is seen by the context as to why Jesus departed from the temple that led to the disciples questions

LG

Edited by LoyalGypsy