IGNORED

christianity....A cult..Really?

well your extremism might be fine but there was an Arizona state house member who wanted to pass a law allowing parents to execute disobedient children. referring to the old testament verses regarding disobedient children to say that Christian extremism represents no danger is looking through rose colored glasses imo.....

False premise.  Extremists exist in every religion, culture and ethnic group one can name.  But it seems so-called "Christian" extremists are the only ones ever singled out as "extremists."  From a Christian perspective, it is not hard to figure out that someone thinking they should be able to execute their children because they misbehave, and basing it on Mosaic law which does not even pertain to the Church is pretty messed up, and such a person does not represent true Christians.  And one would have to conclude that they really do not understand Christianity at all.

:thumbsup:

~

To Know The Living God

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. Deuteronomy 32:39-40

Is To Know Power

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:41-43

And Grace

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. Romans 5:6-9

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

some people refer to what their pastor "says" ...as if he was God, what does the scripture say? things like this, i have noticed.

Yay we ignore our own history, what fun....

Amen Beloved~!

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

~

Our

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6

History

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:9-10

And Our Hope

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Every Step We Take

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

We Will Walk In The Light Of His Love

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

And So Day By Day We Draw

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

A Little Closer

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Love, Joe

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

well one thing you will find in atheist communities is of the major religions left in this world Islam by in large is frowned upon the most. However, large parts of Africa are starting to radicalize Christianity and are starting to catch up so its important to stay on top of these things. They are burning "witches" out there which is something that is not really talked about these days. I think extremism is probably fine but I think there is a difference in radicalization. Like an amish person is an extreme Christian there some extreme muslims that are peaceful radicals are a different story that's when things start to get violent. In America though extreme Christians are pretty harmless imho.

Please direct me to the sites where you are finding African "Christians" burning witches "out there"? And "large parts of Africa" radicalizing Christianity.

Whenever a group of people are targeted for violence the people doing the violence look to religion for justification while the real reasons are more sociological than spiritual.  Most of the women being killed for witch craft are really being killed because they have wealth that their relatives want to claim.  These relatives, like the people who engaged in Witch Burning in American and European Society, are professing Christians who are manipulating their religion to justify their greed and violence.  They torture, maim, and kill in the name of Christ.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227693/Elderly-Kenyans-burned-alive-witches-refusing-desirable-coastline-land.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2010/dec/31/ghana-witches-burned-alive-women

As many as three "witches' camps" have been established in the northern region of Ghana – the Gambaga camp in the East Mamprusi district, Tindanzie camp in the Gushegu district and the Tindang camp in the Yendi district – where elderly women alleged to be witches have been dumped by members of their families. They would probably have lost their lives had they not been placed in the care of government officials and non-governmental organisations. A 55-minute film, called The Witches of Gambaga, co-produced and directed by a Ghanaian-British filmmaker, Yaba Badoe, tells the story of one of the camps. It won the 2010 Black International Film Festival best documentary award.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

In March 2009, Amnesty International reported that up to 1,000 people in the Gambia had been abducted by government-sponsored "witch doctors" on charges of witchcraft, and taken to detention centers where they were forced to drink poisonous concoctions.[54] On 21 May 2009, The New York Times reported that the alleged witch-hunting campaign had been sparked by the Gambian President, Yahya Jammeh.[55]

In India, labeling a woman as a witch is a common ploy to grab land, settle scores or even to punish her for turning down sexual advances. In a majority of the cases, it is difficult for the accused woman to reach out for help and she is forced to either abandon her home and family or driven to commit suicide. Most cases are not documented because it's difficult for poor and illiterate women to travel from isolated regions to file police reports. Less than 2 percent of those accused of witch-hunting are actually convicted, according to a study by the Free Legal Aid Committee, a group that works with victims in the state of Jharkhand.[58]

A 2010 estimate places the number of women killed as witches in India at between 150 and 200 per year, or a total of 2,500 in the period of 1995 to 2009.[59] The lynchings are particularly common in the poor northern states of Jharkhand,[60] Bihar and the central state of Chhattisgarh.

A purer example of Christian radicalisation, in that there are no extraneous financial motives to the hate, can be found in Uganda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Anti-Homosexuality_Bill

Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill (often called the "Kill the Gays bill" in the media due to the prescribed death penalty and life imprisonment clauses) [1][2][3][4] is a legislative proposal that would broaden the criminalisation of same-sex relations in Uganda domestically, and further includes provisions for Ugandans who engage in same-sex relations outside of Uganda, asserting that they may be extradited for punishment back to Uganda, and includes penalties for individuals, companies, media organisations, or non-governmental organisations that know of gay people or support LGBT rights.

The private member's bill was submitted by Member of Parliament David Bahati on 14 October 2009. Same-sex relationships are currently illegal in Uganda—as they are in many sub-Saharan African countries—punishable by incarceration in prison for up to 14 years. The proposed legislation in Uganda has been noted by several news agencies to be inspired by American evangelical Christians. A special motion to introduce the legislation was passed a month after a two-day conference was held in which three American Christians asserted that homosexuality is a direct threat to the cohesion of African families. Several sources have noted endemic homophobia in Uganda has been exacerbated by the bill and the associated discussions about it.

From 5 to 8 March 2009, a workshop took place in Kampala, the capital of Uganda, that featured three American evangelical Christians: Scott Lively, an author who has written several books opposing homosexuality; Caleb Lee Brundidge, a self-professed former gay man who conducts sessions to heal homosexuality; and Don Schmierer, a board member of Exodus International, an organisation devoted to promoting "freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ".[15] The theme of the conference, according to The New York Times, was the "gay agenda": "how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how 'the gay movement is an evil institution' whose goal is 'to defeat the marriage-based society and replace it with a culture of sexual promiscuity' ".[13] An Anglican priest from Zambia named Kapya Kaoma was in attendance, and reported on the conference. Ugandan Stephen Langa organised it, and was supported by Lively, who asserted in his workshops that homosexuality was akin to child molestation and bestiality, and causes higher rates of divorce and HIV transmission. Lively's emphasis was on the cohesion of the African family, that he said was being threatened by "homosexuals looking to recruit youth into their ranks". According to Kaoma, during the conference, one of the thousands of Ugandans in attendance announced, "[The parliament] feels it is necessary to draft a new law that deals comprehensively with the issue of homosexuality and...takes into account the international gay agenda... Right now there is a proposal that a new law be drafted."[16]

In April 2009, a local Ugandan newspaper printed the names of suspected homosexuals, another printed tips on how to identify gays for the general public,[50] and, in October 2010, another named Rolling Stone (unaffiliated with the American Rolling Stone) published a story featuring a list of the nation's 100 "top" gays and lesbians with their photos and addresses. Next to the list was a yellow strip with the words "hang them". Julian Pepe, a program coordinator for Sexual Minorities Uganda, said people named in the story are living in fear and attacks have begun prompting many to abandon their jobs while some have relocated. The paper's editor justified the list to expose gays and lesbians so authorities could arrest them, while Nsaba Buturo dismissed complaints from gay people and sympathisers by stating that protests about the outing is part of a campaign to mobilise support and sympathy from outside the country.[51][52]

On 26 January 2011, Uganda's most prominent gay activist, David Kato, was found bludgeoned to death in what authorities in Uganda are characterising as a robbery. His photograph had been published in Rolling Stone; the high court in the country ordered the newspaper to stop publishing images of gay and lesbian people after Kato and several others sued the paper.[53] Kato spoke at a United Nations-sponsored conference on the bill in December 2009. His words were barely audible because he was nervous; information in U.S. embassy cables revealed that Ugandan human rights activists and anti-homosexuality bill supporters vocally mocked him during his presentation. The U.S. diplomat reporting, whose communiques were exposed through Wikileaks, wrote that the political and economic problems in Uganda were being channeled into "violent hatred" of gay people, and David Bahati, Martin Ssempa and James Buturo were primarily responsible for promoting the wave of intolerance. The diplomat further stated that, even if the bill does not pass in Ugandan parliament, "rampant homophobia in Uganda won't go away".[54]

However anti-gay the majority of the members of this forum may be, I hope we can agree that the death penalty, or bludgeoning them to death on the streets, or manufacturing the idea of an international agenda in order to spread fear and violence, are not ideally 'Christian' things to do and are perhaps not the best witness of the sacrificial love of Christ?  These might even be the sorts of things that could cause Christianity to appear as a cult.

Edited by BatSheep

However anti-gay the majority of the members of this forum may be, I hope we can agree that the death penalty, or bludgeoning them to death on the streets, or manufacturing the idea of an international agenda in order to spread fear and violence, are not ideally 'Christian' things to do and are perhaps not the best witness of the sacrificial love of Christ?  These might even be the sorts of things that could cause Christianity to appear as a cult.

~

Beloved, Bible Believers Are Already Called Cultists By The Militant Gay

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-20

And By Most Of Those Who World-Wide Approve Of This Sin

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Romans 1:26-28

And Although The Pro-Gay May Very Well Feed

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Romans 1:29-31

The Gay To The Muslims And Other Wolves

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

The Christian Still Will Pray For Them

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

For Their Safety And Salvation

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

You See?

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

~

May The Lord Have Mercy On The Sexual Sinner

And Give Them Peace

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Mark 11:28

For Man Will Not

Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. Psalms 71:4

In Jesus' Name

Amen

But FresnoJoe, there is no Gay military.  There are no Gay gangs armed with guns knocking down the doors of Christians and dragging them into the streets to murder them.  There are no Gay politicians working to pass laws that would put anyone accused of being a Christian in prison and potentially put to death.  There are, however, Christian militia.  There are Christian gangs knocking down the doors of Gays and dragging them into the streets to murder them.  There are Christian politicians working to pass laws that would put anyone accused of being gay in prison and potentially put to death.  So I don't know what you mean when you refer to the 'militant gay'.  It seems to me that all the gay people are trying to do is assert that they want to live their lives as they choose rather than according to a religious interpretation that they don't believe in and do not choose to live by.

This is the Law;

"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent." Timothy 2:11

"Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery." (Luke 16:18)

"A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)  

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).  

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.  (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). 

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.  (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.  (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.  (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)

There is a big variety of Churches and denominations in the world.  A HUGE variety.  There are some that require women to wear dresses and have long hair.  There are some that forbid music and dancing.  There are some that try to follow some of the more extreme rules above, and many more who don't.  I think that the vast majority of Christians do wear socks and don't run around in a murdering rampage, which is nice.  

Most don't seem to avail themselves of all the things they're apparently allowed to do, such as slavery.  Though some used to!

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

But this is food for thought;

Ezekiel 20:25 - 26 -  I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by;  I let them become defiled through their gifts - the sacrifice of every firstborn - that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am LORD.

The law, whether man-made or God-made, is a blunt instrument that holds death and condemnation when used on it's own, without Grace.

Not long ago I was pondering slothfulness.  It's something the Church once defined as a deadly sin with oodles of passages to back them up.  But there's no room in that law for clinical depression.  There's no room in that law for post-partum depression.  There is no room in that law for low thyroid function.  All of these conditions leave a person curled up in a corner of their home, unable to summon the will to do even the things they once enjoyed, let alone stand up and go clean their house.  The law has no grace for people with medical conditions that we now know about.

Jesus turned the law on its head.

LUKE 10

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

2 Corinthians 3

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

When we cherry-pick laws and apply them to the world with no grace and with no understanding of humanities evolving knowledge of nature and medicine we appear as hypocritical cultists who are interested only in building up our own sense of righteousness through our condemnation of others, while we ignore the laws we choose to break and use other laws to attack people and bend them to our will.

Edited by BatSheep

But FresnoJoe, there is no Gay military.  There are no Gay gangs armed with guns knocking down the doors of Christians and dragging them into the streets to murder them.  There are no Gay politicians working to pass laws that would put anyone accused of being a Christian in prison and potentially put to death.  

There are, however, Christian militia.  There are Christian gangs knocking down the doors of Gays and dragging them into the streets to murder them.  There are Christian politicians working to pass laws that would put anyone accused of being gay in prison and potentially put to death.  

So I don't know what you mean when you refer to the 'militant gay'.  It seems to me that all the gay people are trying to do is assert that they want to live their lives as they choose rather than according to a religious interpretation that they don't believe in and do not choose to live by.

Beloved, I Am Blessed

~

The

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

Christian

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:2

And The Accuser Of The Brethren

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Timothy 3:1-7

~

Trust

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

In Jesus

And Be Blessed Beloved

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Love, You Brother Joe

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

Fresno, thank you in particular for the verse from 2 Timothy.  I had forgotten it.  It often seems like there isn't much gentleness going around these days.  When I was in Bible College I remember clearly having lunch time and supper discussions with my fellow ministers in training.  More and more often  the subject arose of how to place more Christians in politics, praying for more Christian leaders in government.  One day I pointed out that Jesus didn't come to put a Kingdom on earth, and perhaps placing Christians in power wasn't the best course of action.  I even went so far as to point out that claiming to be a Christian might not necessarily mean someone was a good person or a good man.  After all, the Third Reich claimed to be Christian.  People were angry at me for saying these things.  They were more angry when discussions arose about keeping gay marriage illegal, prayer in schools, and other issues of separation of Church and State and I didn't agree that these were things we needed to concern ourselves with.  It was frightening.  So much time was spent talking about end times theory,  pre-trib, post trib, the ever growing signs of the times.

It occurred to me then that if they succeed in putting a Christian in power in every nation on earth, and placing the people under Christian laws, then Christianity will be the one world religion of prophecy that they all feared so much.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

Fresno, thank you in particular for the verse from 2 Timothy.  I had forgotten it.  It often seems like there isn't much gentleness going around these days.  When I was in Bible College I remember clearly having lunch time and supper discussions with my fellow ministers in training.  More and more often  the subject arose of how to place more Christians in politics, praying for more Christian leaders in government.  One day I pointed out that Jesus didn't come to put a Kingdom on earth, and perhaps placing Christians in power wasn't the best course of action.  I even went so far as to point out that claiming to be a Christian might not necessarily mean someone was a good person or a good man.  After all, the Third Reich claimed to be Christian.  People were angry at me for saying these things.  They were more angry when discussions arose about keeping gay marriage illegal, prayer in schools, and other issues of separation of Church and State and I didn't agree that these were things we needed to concern ourselves with.  It was frightening.  So much time was spent talking about end times theory,  pre-trib, post trib, the ever growing signs of the times.

It occurred to me then that if they succeed in putting a Christian in power in every nation on earth, and placing the people under Christian laws, then Christianity will be the one world religion of prophecy that they all feared so much.

Why would they get angry at you for pointing out the truth? There are those who are atheists who claim to be Christian, and many Christians who suffer under unbelief. There are many wolves in sheep's clothing out there, and on the web, it is worse.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

But FresnoJoe, there is no Gay military.  There are no Gay gangs armed with guns knocking down the doors of Christians and dragging them into the streets to murder them.  There are no Gay politicians working to pass laws that would put anyone accused of being a Christian in prison and potentially put to death.  There are, however, Christian militia.  There are Christian gangs knocking down the doors of Gays and dragging them into the streets to murder them.  There are Christian politicians working to pass laws that would put anyone accused of being gay in prison and potentially put to death.  So I don't know what you mean when you refer to the 'militant gay'.  It seems to me that all the gay people are trying to do is assert that they want to live their lives as they choose rather than according to a religious interpretation that they don't believe in and do not choose to live by.

<snip>

When we cherry-pick laws and apply them to the world with no grace and with no understanding of humanities evolving knowledge of nature and medicine we appear as hypocritical cultists who are interested only in building up our own sense of righteousness through our condemnation of others, while we ignore the laws we choose to break and use other laws to attack people and bend them to our will.

Are you sure there are no politicians working to pass laws that put Christians in jail who speak out against homosexuality in the U.S. and/or Canada? :help:

God bless,

GE