• Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1974

No

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hubertdorm
I always hear people say....What's wrong with it?  To me the question for this as well as any 'questionable activity' should be rather, "What's right with it?"

Does it bring glory to God?

Can you ask God's blessing on it?

Does it Edify?

Can it be a stumbling block for my brother?

If all these things are OK, then it is probaby OK.  But if you are feeling iffy about anything, and you have to try to justify it maybe you should just avoid it.

There are many products to consume, as well as activities to take part of, that Christians wouldn't even think twice about. This is a good standard, but I think we'd have to start questioning other things to be fair. I'm thinking fat and movies off the top of my head.

But The wine now in days, one glass will make you drunk... weather a little drunk or a lot drunk its still a sin. Anytime you get drunk its a sin, and what people think getting drunk means past the legal limit, well its not... Getting drunk is anytime you are a little drunk to were your alot drunk...

The amount of alcohol it takes to become drunk varies from person to person, and is influenced by a good number of things. There are lots of people who would get drunk on one glass of wine, while others it would take several. We fall into a legalistic trap if we condemn ALL alcohol consumption.

The only reason why Jesus drink wine was because the water was polluted and they had to drink wine because there was nothing else.

They had wells that held drinking water.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Jesus drank wine because the water was polluted??? :laugh: .

That's a new one to me! What was it polluted with? Factory waste? I wasn't aware that there was an industrial revolution in the first century :noidea:

I think you're thinking about France, or something. The water in the Lord's day might have had a few bugs in it, but it was probably a heck of a lot cleaner than the drinking water we have today.

There is no doubt that the Lord partook of the "fruit of the vine," and that the juice of that fruit was fermented. Have any Christians realized that there will even be wine served at the great wedding feast in the air? Many of our brothers and sisters are in for a great shock.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

um... No.

The water they drank was the water they want to the bathroom in...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

um... No.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually that's not true at all. The Jewish laws are very sanitary, so it is highly unlikely that the Lord drank any kind of human wastewater. Furthermore, Jerusalem was equipped with a very sophisticated sewer system.

Most of the region's water supply comes from mountain aquifers. So it is also unlikely that human waste could have polluted those sources. I personally have not read anything stating that there was a serious problem with water pollution in that region while the Lord lived there.

Where did you get this information?

Guest Gromore
um... No.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually that's not true at all. The Jewish laws are very sanitary, so it is highly unlikely that the Lord drank any kind of human wastewater. Furthermore, Jerusalem was equipped with a very sophisticated sewer system.

Most of the region's water supply comes from mountain aquifers. So it is also unlikely that human waste could have polluted those sources. I personally have not read anything stating that there was a serious problem with water pollution in that region while the Lord lived there.

Where did you get this information?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did Jesus not use turning water into wine because it was something that they could relate to? This was a perfect opportunity for him to use something of every day situation to show who he is.