• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

http://www.christianpost.com/news/dont-get-left-pleading-at-the-door-100581/

You and I are not smarter than God. Far from it. So when Jesus, who is God, says that one day people will "stand outside knocking and pleading" to get into heaven, He expects to be taken seriously. (see Luke 13:22-30) Jesus goes on in that passage to describe hell when He states, "There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth." (Luke 13:28) Please consider who it was that made this alarming statement, and then try to imagine what that scene will look like.

Man's natural reaction to such extreme circumstances is to "blow it off" and assume that Jesus couldn't have meant this to be taken literally. That is man's natural response, but remember, man by nature is a sinner and is prone to getting it wrong when it comes to spiritual matters and truth. If it doesn't make sense to us, or if it seems too extreme, we are likely to dismiss it as something which we feel could never actually take place.

So is God trying to "turn people off" to Christianity by revealing such extreme consequences? Or was Jesus simply warning people about the reality of hell and the fact that "many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." (Luke 13:24) If you don't find Christ's words there to be a sobering thought, then you are not in a good place spiritually my friend. It's as simple as that.

Was Jesus lying? Was He out of His mind? Or was He telling the truth? And are you willing to risk the consequences He described by believing that He was either lying or out of His mind? Is it worth the risk?

God did not set it up in a way that people get to repent while they are standing outside that door and pleading to get in. The time to repent is today. Those who repent today are brought inside God's "place of grace." Those who ignore this message today will likely be among those "knocking and pleading." I don't want you to be among those people on the outside, and neither does God. The Lord does "not want anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

Heaven matters a bunch. And hell matters a whole lot. And if it takes the thought of hell for you to consider your sin before Almighty God, then so be it. Why do you think Jesus spoke about hell so often?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/18/1987

Plain and simpl....He Loves us!! :)

I believe be brought it up so much to yes, scare us, but also to warn us. If he truly did'nt love us at all, no way he would have cared enough to warn us at all right?