• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

As a scientist, I see no reason why I cannot be considered a Christian.  Jay Stephen Gould proposed a concept called Nonoverlapping Magesteria (NOMA).  It keeps the sciences and faith separate, as it should be.  Richard Dawkins doesn't think highly of the idea, but I wish scientists and apologists would abide by it.

Yes I've heard of that!   I do know certain Churches take that point of view, I've heard it as the official position of a number of Eastern Orthodox bishops and I thought Catholics were also on a similar page.

Edited by Addai

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Thanks alpha I got some notions of that from some shows like Numbers and Connections, as well as from previous social science education (factorial models) but if you have a link or illustration or example that would be cool.

Actually what I recommend you do is look up a series of lectures by Feynman about QED. Search for "QED Feynman" in youtube and they will pop up. This will give you an idea about what quantum electrodynamics is all about and a lot more than Kaku is going to give you (although Kaku did write a textbook about QFT which isn't bad, but that is before he sold out. I don't find that his popular shows go nearly deep enough to give anybody a thorough conception of what is going on).