Don't feel connected at ALL?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I'm new to the boards... And well, it's just to talk about my spirtualism... I don't feel connected to a higher being and feel lost... I'm not an atheist... More of an ignostic (don't know which religion is the best...) and I don't know if God is even up there... I'm just soo lost! And many people don't let me try to connect because my name backwards in my mother tongue means Devil... Am I really bad? Why don't I feel connected? Help?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/29/1989

Hey Sandok,

I am sorry to hear that you feel so lost. You don't have to feel this way. Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior loves you so much and wants to dwell with you. In loving you so much when he is in your heart you feel the love he has for you. I remember before I was saved I felt the same sense of not belonging to anything. I admitted to Christ that I was a sinner, asked him in my heart, and now I am a new person. Your feelings of being lost can be taken away in an instant through a relationship with Christ. I know it is hard to believe in Christ and Heaven, etc. If you ask how I know it is all real....well I know he is real because of the peace he gives me, I know he is with me all the time and will never leave my side. If you just keep up the faith, he will make himself evident to you. God Bless You Sandok, and I hope my comments helped.

Your sister in Christ,

Chancer :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Hi, I'm new to the boards... And well, it's just to talk about my spirtualism... I don't feel connected to a higher being and feel lost... I'm not an atheist... More of an ignostic (don't know which religion is the best...) and I don't know if God is even up there... I'm just soo lost! And many people don't let me try to connect because my name backwards in my mother tongue means Devil... Am I really bad? Why don't I feel connected? Help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason that you don't feel connected is because you are disconnected from the life of God.

Most all of us have felt an inner sense of emptiness or disconnectedness in our lives. That is, until we heard the gospel and realized that there is a purpose for our being. You see, there is a space within us that God created with a special purpose. This space is like a vessel, a vessel that was created to contain something. That vessel is called our human spirit, and it was created with the purpose of containing the life of God. A vessel that is created and yet does not contain anything is meaningless. But a vessel that is created and filled with something has purpose and meaning.

Pascal said that in the center of each man is a God-shaped vaccuum. That is very much true. Your human spirit was created by God to be filled with Him. Without God as your content - without having Him to fill your vessel - you will always have that "empty feeling" that you just can't place your finger on.

So your condition is really that you just need God to fill your vessel. The easiest way to have God fill you is to just ask Him to. Nothing is easier than asking God to come into you and to be your life. All you have to do it believe into Jesus Christ - believe that He died specifically to make God available to you. Then just ask Him in . Tell Him that you believe in Him, and then ask Him to come into your heart. I guarantee that your sense of not being connected will be gone faster than you can blink. Just ask any one of the rest of us who have done so. I'll bet that everyone who believes into Jesus Christ can confess that their lives have purpose and meaning since they asked God to come in and fill them.

So won't you do that today? Even right now?

Try praying this very simple prayer: "God in heaven. Right now I come to you as an empty vessel. God right now I don't even know what to believe or who to believe. But right now I'm taking a step of faith to believe in you. God I feel empty inside, and I want you to fill me up. I don't want to feel disconnected anymore. I want my life to have meaning and purpose. God please fill my vessel. I believe that Jesus died for my sins. I believe that He died so that you could be my God and my Father. I am asking you into my heart right now. Amen."

If you have read this prayer, why no go and pray it right now. You don't have to follow exactly what I just wrote. Just talk to God in this way. Ask Him into your heart. Take a simple step of faith to pray to Him. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The problem is that I live in a very scientific area and either people call me evil sinn which I disagree with OR they tell me god doesn't exist... It's very tough for me to even begin understanding how prayers can help! I've prayed since I'm young but still no avail :whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/29/1989

Hey Sandok,

I feel ya brother....it is not easy is anyway to be a Christian. I am a teenager and am surrounded by those who think Christianity is crazy or not true all day long at school. It would be very easy for me to turn away from God because of all the pressure, but I know God is real and I just can't turn away from him. You have to make up in your mind that you know God is real and no matter what you are going to live for him and believe in him. Stay in God's word and meditate on it. Sometimes the scripture is the only thing that keeps me going. So please brother don't give up....Be strong for the Lord! :huh:

Your Sister in Christ,

Chancer :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Sandok, you have a choice to believe what other people tell you or what you believe in your own heart. To allow others to control your thoughts is what satan wishes for you, because if they don't have Christ in their heart, that is what satan wants for you. To accept Christ wholeheartedly is not to be a slave to Christ, ut to be independent from sin...

The problem is that I live in a very scientific area and either people call me evil sinn which I disagree with OR they tell me god doesn't exist... It's very tough for me to even begin understanding how prayers can help! I've prayed since I'm young but still no availĀ  :emot-questioned:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>