IGNORED

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So the last few days of 2013, I was thinking how I need more of a spirit of Gratitude--an attitude of gratitude toward God especially with the start of the New Year and all that Jesus as done in my life, Luke 17:12-19.  But just a few hours into the New Year, at work I heard something that just shook me to the cord even has me wondering if i am a child of God.

So this has been eating at me, and that plus where I work has always been bad, but now every day you leave it is like it can't be any worse tonight, just to find out you can never hit rock bottom, it can always get worse.  I left a little early Friday morning because I was so irate that I would have say something to the Store Manager and probably gotten fired.

So far the year 2014 has really shaken my faith in God, and my old man is growing back in me at a fast rate, as I wonder if God even cares.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Hello 19Duggarfan,

Yes a New Year can bring up old things. I have found this to be true in my own life. The very thing I try to avoid is when God is telling me something, and its usually with is how I grow in relation with others. When I become humble this is where I seem to learn the most. When you have stress and strain this is where growth comes from, God is stretching you. Look at this way part of our emotion healing is to give up any grudges, guilt or grief, accept what can't be changed, sometimes we can get defensive when other people challenge us. And know that it gets worse before it gets better. Shining the light on things makes us not wanting to deal with it.  Play it down, and Pray it up to God. praying for you~.

So the last few days of 2013, I was thinking how I need more of a spirit of Gratitude--an attitude of gratitude toward God especially with the start of the New Year and all that Jesus as done in my life, Luke 17:12-19.  But just a few hours into the New Year, at work I heard something that just shook me to the cord even has me wondering if i am a child of God.

So this has been eating at me, and that plus where I work has always been bad, but now every day you leave it is like it can't be any worse tonight, just to find out you can never hit rock bottom, it can always get worse.  I left a little early Friday morning because I was so irate that I would have say something to the Store Manager and probably gotten fired.

So far the year 2014 has really shaken my faith in God, and my old man is growing back in me at a fast rate, as I wonder if God even cares.

You're letting the devil get under your skin. You've taken your focus off of God and placed it on the adversary. Which is what the adversary wants. You've given up. Instead of focusing on the new fertile earth before you, you've taken your hand from the plow and allowed yourself to look back. 

You can't do that. Because the second our eyes are averted from God, the devil is right there to take up the slack. We live in a world that doesn't recognize God. It's unavoidable. It's like spending a really hot day at the beach without any sunscreen. Unless you apply liberal amounts of the skin protecting lotion, you're gonna get burned. The Word of God acts like that lotion. It protects us from the sinful ways of the world. It guards us against the constant attacks of the adversary.

Just before Jesus died He said, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do". He asked the Father to forgive the very ones that were killing Him because He knew they were not responsible for what was taking place. His executioners were blinded by the adversary, much like the world around us. Instead of lashing out, He forgave them.

Jesus said, 'Imitate Me, follow in My footsteps, do what I do".

Don't give the devil the time of day. Because the second you do, he's gonna steal your watch. 

:sad030: