mel

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Salvation is a simple elegant gift from God. Whether you are baptized or not is an issue that I believe is a non-issue. The first thing Jesus did before he began his work was to be baptized. Now if Jesus thought it that important, then of course we should do it. After all, Jesus is the perfect example to which we are to try to follow. Did Jesus have the Holy Spirit before he was baptized? he certainly spent a lot of time at the synagogue (sp?) and Temple as a boy of 12. When his parents found him he told them that he was at His Father's house. he had a deep understanding at a very young age. Yet, Hebrews 5 shows us that God trained and chastised Jesus in teaching him obedience. So, if Jesus was baptized and being obedient to our Father, then we ought to do it as well.

I think that baptism is our way of proclaiming to the world that we are God's saved children. We should be baptized in obedience to God, not because it may impact our salvation. Remember that we have no part of which to boast in our salvation. The "works" we all done by Jesus in order that we could be saved. If you are saved do you want to obey God and follow his commands? Absolutely, but it is not our attempts at obeying God that save us.

In Love,

Jamie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that baptism is our way of proclaiming to the world that we are God's saved children. We should be baptized in obedience to God, not because it may impact our salvation. Remember that we have no part of which to boast in our salvation. The "works" we all done by Jesus in order that we could be saved. If you are saved do you want to obey God and follow his commands? Absolutely, but it is not our attempts at obeying God that save us.

Wouldn't you rather be doing the works that HE did as a witness proclaiming to the world that you are GOD'S saved children? That's somthing like the SPIRIT bearing witness of you. If you haven't ask the LORD for HIS SPIRIT. Chances are you don't have it. He said he would give to those who ask.

Lu 11:13

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

Joh 5:36

But I have a greater witness than John's; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish--the very works that I do--bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me.

1Co 4:19

But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power.

1Co 4:20

For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power

In CHRIST JESUS :thumbsup::blink::24::24:

:24:

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Perhap's I should have said that Baptism is our way of publicly declaring our obedience to God. Then we let our light shine through the way we live by the Holy Spirit. There is no rather this or that with me.

answer me this>...........

Acts 8:

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done. 14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Now all throught Acts we see that some people recieved the Holy Ghost first and others believed and then were batized and then recieved the Holy Ghost. Either way if you have no the Spirit of Christ you are none of his...

So how is that these in the above scripture not only believed and were baptized, yet the Holy Ghost was not fallen on them>?

Not only that But Peter said unto Simon , a man who according to the word believed and was baptized in the name of Jesus

Acts 8:

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

So a just converted believer , just baptized was in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity. How is that?

Because as it has allready been said here. There is one baptism, Part of that baptism is of the water and the other part is of the Spirit and without both you are not born again.

Second we are commanded to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Acts 10:48 - And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

But it is not just a commandment, it is part of our salvation. It is how we are crucified to Christ.

And again Matthew 28:

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen

Yet how did they baptize in the bible?

In the name of Jesus

Not in mere attributes or titles, but in the name that is above every name, for there is no other name given under heaven whereby we must be saved!

Guest firefromheaven
So a just converted believer , just baptized was in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity.  How is that?

Because he sinned. Haven't you read that there are wolves in sheeps clothing? Look at Judas he was one of the apostles for a short time.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Chist, he is none of his

Guest firefromheaven
There are four baptisms. The baptism of water the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT the baptism of fire and the baptism of blood.

Eph 4:4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Do any of you know how you are crucified to Christ ? We enter into Christ through baptism. A look at Colossians 2:9-11 For in Christ all the fullness of Deity lives in the bodily form and you have been given fullness in Christ who is the head over every power and authority. In you also circumcision is putting off the sinful nature, not with circumcision done by the hands of men but with circumcision done by Christ, have been buried with Him in baptism and raised in Him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also, not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:3-10 we died to sin how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead

through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. If we have been united with him like this in his death, we certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin- because anyone who has died has been free from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we also live with him. For we know that since Christ raised from the dead, he can not die again. Death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Galation 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus for all of you were bapitized into Christ have clothed yourself with Christ.

We do not have the ability to put off the old man and put on the new man until after being baptized. It is a work of God.

Baptism is necessary for all because Christ commands that All be baptized. Those who despise it and refuse to be baptized cannot be saved. It is not the lack of baptism, it is the despising of baptism. We obey God by baptism and teaching them.

matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said " All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son sand of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you; Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Do any of you know how you are crucified to Christ ? We enter into Christ through baptism. A look at Colossians 2:9-11 For in Christ all the fullness of Deity lives in the bodily form and you have been given fullness in Christ who is the head over every power and authority. In you also circumcision is putting off the sinful nature, not with circumcision done by the hands of men but with circumcision done by Christ, have been buried with Him in baptism and raised in Him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also, not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:3-10 we died to sin how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead

through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. If we have been united with him like this in his death, we certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin- because anyone who has died has been free from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we also live with him. For we know that since Christ raised from the dead, he can not die again. Death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Galation 3:26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus for all of you were bapitized into Christ have clothed yourself with Christ.

We do not have the ability to put off the old man and put on the new man until after being baptized. It is a work of God.

Baptism is necessary for all because Christ commands that All be baptized. Those who despise it and refuse to be baptized cannot be saved. It is not the lack of baptism, it is the despising of baptism. We obey God by baptism and teaching them.

matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said " All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son sand of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you; Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the witness.. I can't remeber if it was in this thread or one of the other ones that all of us have been going back and forth to, but somewhere in here I had put the same thing !

:)

I forgot to add this scripture:

Luke 5:

34 And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? 35 But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days. 36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old. 37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. 38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

Edited by tanner

If a person has to pray a prayer to be saved, that would be salvation by works  :noidea:

Therefore, we'd have to say that people who approach the front during alter calls have already been saved, and that the prayer is only a testimony to a past event.

Guess it's time to rewrite it  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't matter what methodology you use whether sprinkling, immersion etc. Its all moot, there's one faith, one hope, one baptism. And thats by God the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

If a person has to pray a prayer to be saved, that would be salvation by works