Evolutionist Professor Goes Ballistic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Shiloh357 - You have been avoiding that issue every time it is brought up in other threads as well.  So I am surprised that you are grasping for any excuse you can find to not address it here.

Can you please direct me to the post where you addressed the 4 words other then to say they don't mean what I state they mean? Further did you first answer whether "Our image" was spiritual or physical?  Would someone like to start a thread on this?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

Shiloh357 - You have been avoiding that issue every time it is brought up in other threads as well.  So I am surprised that you are grasping for any excuse you can find to not address it here.

Can you please direct me to the post where you addressed the 4 words other then to say they don't mean what I state they mean? Further did you first answer whether "Our image" was spiritual or physical?  Would someone like to start a thread on this?

You start the thread.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Obviously someone had to be the first sinner but it wasn't Adam & Eve.  The author of Genesis claims that man was created perfect but how can we ever prove that as fact?

Because the person writing Genesis under the inspiration of an infallible God said that they were perfect?  The Bible is the final authority, or, at least for a professing Christian, it is supposed to be.  Not some scholar.  Not a secular source.  Nothing trumps the Bible.  If the Bible says that Adam & Eve existed as real people and that original sin came from Adam, that is what it means, and that is the only position someone in Christ can or should take.  A person taking any other position does so at their spiritual peril.  It would seem that when the Bible proves your assertions wrong, you simply dismiss it.  And if you are going to pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will and will not believe, why use it at all? 

Can you prove the bible was inspired or dictated by an infallible God?  Can you prove His method of communicating with us mere and simple humans was not by allegory and storytelling in some cases?

If you prove the reliability of the bible, I am open to reconsidering.  I will ask you a series of questions shortly.  They will not be in any particular order or strength.

Obviously someone had to be the first sinner but it wasn't Adam & Eve.  The author of Genesis claims that man was created perfect but how can we ever prove that as fact?

Because the person writing Genesis under the inspiration of an infallible God said that they were perfect?  The Bible is the final authority, or, at least for a professing Christian, it is supposed to be.  Not some scholar.  Not a secular source.  Nothing trumps the Bible.  If the Bible says that Adam & Eve existed as real people and that original sin came from Adam, that is what it means, and that is the only position someone in Christ can or should take.  A person taking any other position does so at their spiritual peril.  It would seem that when the Bible proves your assertions wrong, you simply dismiss it.  And if you are going to pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will and will not believe, why use it at all? 

Genesis describes the firmament that divides the waters above from the waters below.  A firmament is solid, correct?  If Genesis is not allegory in any sense as you stated(I believe it's mostly allegory) then we should be able to observe the firmament and the waters above it.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Can you prove the bible was inspired or dictated by an infallible God?

No matter how the Bible is attacked, it always comes out unchanged and unscathed.

Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away”   Mark 13:31.

No matter how the Bible is attacked, it always comes out unchanged and unscathed.

Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away”   Mark 13:31.

I'm not attacking the bible.  I think it's a remarkable book.  I only question how some people interpret it.

Guest shiloh357

Can you prove the bible was inspired or dictated by an infallible God?  Can you prove His method of communicating with us mere and simple humans was not by allegory and storytelling in some cases?

If you prove the reliability of the bible, I am open to reconsidering.  I will ask you a series of questions shortly.  They will not be in any particular order or strength.

We can provide evidence.  I don't think it is wise to say anything can be "proven."

I'm not attacking the bible.  

I think it's a remarkable book.  

I only question how some people interpret it.

~

Remarkable

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:11-12

How ALL Folk

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void,

but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Will Find The Bible Interprets

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not:

for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words,

hath one that judgeth him:

the word that I have spoken,

the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:47-48

Their End

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

~

Dear One, I Was Glad To Read

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Of Your Respect For

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

The Holy Bible

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

Guest shiloh357

I'm not attacking the bible.  I think it's a remarkable book.  I only question how some people interpret it.

By claiming it is not reliable, you are attacking it.   You are challenging it's integrity.

If you cannot trust parts of the Bible, then you could not trust any of it and therefore, you shouldn't be using it at all.  You should not be using it to try and support your beliefs in any way.  The Bible is not the type of book where you can use some of it but dismiss the rest.  And people dismiss the parts they don't like, or don't agree with, but the book itself does not give one that option.  If you don't believe part of it, you can't believe any of it.

"If you cannot trust parts of the Bible"  Once it is proven that the bible is 100% factual, then it is an issue of mistrust.

"then you could not trust any of it and therefore, you shouldn't be using it at all."   This is a false dilemma.  Just because I view the bible as a mix of history and narrative, doesn't render the bible as useless and a revealer of spiritual truth.