WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,394
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(AP / Worthy News)– Same-sex couples began getting married in Wisconsin on Friday shortly after a federal judge struck down the state's gay marriage ban and despite confusion over the effect of the ruling.

Clerks in Madison and Milwaukee began issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples shortly after 5 p.m. Friday, a little over an hour after the judge released her ruling. Judges were on hand at both courthouses to perform ceremonies.

Court officials conducted the marriages even though Republican Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen said the ruling did not clear the way for weddings to begin and sought an sought an emergency order in federal court to stop them. Van Hollen said confusion and uncertainty had resulted from the judge's decision and the status quo must be preserved.

Source

View the full article

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1976

This scenario that keeps playing out over and over with a federal judge tossing out state laws voted on by the people of that state is why the south seceded from the union.  An overpowering and over-reaching federal govt.  Our founding fathers would be in total shock if they saw the power of the federal govt. today.  Most of the power was supposed to be in the state, that's why we are called the United STATES and not just America.  Each state should have the right to choose their laws on such topics as gay marriage.  This country is so far gone I see absolutely no way in which we get it back barring another state or group of states seceding again or what my grandfather had been saying we needed for years before he recently passed away and that is another revolution by the people to take this country back.  People keep saying we can take it back at the polls, you have got to be kidding!  Look at the republicans/conservatives we have in D.C. now.   It is safe to say that 99% of them are just a little right of the dems.  The literal handful of true constitutional conservatives that we do have are scorned and ridiculed by the mainstream republicans so that in itself proves that voting for republicans won't get anything done.  As our country and society becomes more and more immoral  and liberal as time goes by the republicans just go right along with it. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1976

Butero, thanks for your reply, I was wondering if I would get some heat for my comments that a lot of folks would consider crazy but I firmly believe that we are way past using the voting booth to fix this country.  When you have tens of milions of people re-electing someone like Obama that is evidence enough that we are past the point of no return.  I'm only 38 but I never dreamed in my lifetime I would see us elect a president who hates our country and wants to destroy it and all of the principles it was founded upon.  If you haven't read it yet I would strongly urge you to purchase or borrow a book from your library, "Suicide Of A Superpower: Will America Survive Until 2025" by Patrick Buchanan.  It is one of the most interesting books I have ever read and in a way, depressing because as Buchanan points out we are too far gone for a return to our founding principles.  I also appreciate the fact that you didn't get on me for saying that an over-reaching federal govt. is why the South seceded, too many folks have been brainwashed in the public school system and believe the Civil War was fought over slavery.  As far as this topic is concerned another great book my father-in-law introduced me to is "The South Was Right".  Another very politically incorrect book that requires a person with an open mind to read it, someone who can be open to the idea that 99% of the garbage taught as U.S History in the public school and on PBS etc. is severely liberally slanted.  Anyway, it made my day to see at least one person who truly realizes just how far gone we truly are, it really bugs me that so many who claim to be conservative ridicule people like us.